Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good evening all.

I am a sad person. Life seems to have subdued my feeling of happiness into indistinguishable lines - which often get locked away - unable for me to access. I'm not sure if anyone can make sense of that. If I can't make sense of it, how would anyone else be able to?

The background noise of life is just that - noise. It surrounds us all and it feels like it blurs the aforementioned lines, between being, and being happy. I could easily distract myself from what I feel and temporarily smile with sincerity.

The problem is, I don't want to distract myself. I'd like to experience pure joy. Otherwise, I'm fooling nobody but myself. The muted feeling of living I endure feels like a chore.

I'm going to study for my AS levels. Everyone expects big things, as do I. I'll either do well, or not. The two possible outcomes are set in stone. I could die. All of this will occur with certainty, with our any possibility of it being impromptu. While I have often have certitude of individuality, the logical truth is that many are just like me. Overly perceptive.

Saying that I feel alone only depicts a narrow corridor of the vast repository of loneliness. People who are here for me doesn't feel like enough. Is it selfish to want to be normal on my own?

I know, normal is quite a subjective and vague term, but everyone has their definition and picture of normality. The delineation that I live in isn't one that you'd want to be a part of.

I just don't know. I'll never know the difference between limerence and true affection. There are certain boundaries that everyone is unconsciously aware of. It's a blur for me.

Yes, that's it. It's indistinct noise.

Thank you for reading. I'm not going to visit a doctor. Ignore anything that doesn't make sense. I'm tired.

ReputationRep:
    No offence, but I think you're being a bit melodramatic

(Original post by LDS16)
    No offence, but I think you're being a bit melodramatic
    You're probably right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You're probably right
    I'm not saying your problems/feelings aren't real. But if you over exaggerate, you make it worse for yourself, and get caught in a cycle which you don't want to be a part of

Good evening all.

I am a sad person. Life seems to have subdued my feeling of happiness into indistinguishable lines - which often get locked away - unable for me to access. I'm not sure if anyone can make sense of that. If I can't make sense of it, how would anyone else be able to?

The background noise of life is just that - noise. It surrounds us all and it feels like it blurs the aforementioned lines, between being, and being happy. I could easily distract myself from what I feel and temporarily smile with sincerity.

The problem is, I don't want to distract myself. I'd like to experience pure joy. Otherwise, I'm fooling nobody but myself. The muted feeling of living I endure feels like a chore.

I'm going to study for my AS levels. Everyone expects big things, as do I. I'll either do well, or not. The two possible outcomes are set in stone. I could die. All of this will occur with certainty, with our any possibility of it being impromptu. While I have often have certitude of individuality, the logical truth is that many are just like me. Overly perceptive.

Saying that I feel alone only depicts a narrow corridor of the vast repository of loneliness. People who are here for me doesn't feel like enough. Is it selfish to want to be normal on my own?

I know, normal is quite a subjective and vague term, but everyone has their definition and picture of normality. The delineation that I live in isn't one that you'd want to be a part of.

I just don't know. I'll never know the difference between limerence and true affection. There are certain boundaries that everyone is unconsciously aware of. It's a blur for me.

Thank you for reading. I'm not going to visit a doctor. Ignore anything that doesn't make sense. I'm tired.
    I imagine your voice sounds like this
    https://soundcloud.com/joshpan/13-13...3-13-freestyle

Good evening all.

I like how you think though, keep being reflective, it's cool af

(Original post by LDS16)
    I'm not saying your problems/feelings aren't real. But if you over exaggerate, you make it worse for yourself, and get caught in a cycle which you don't want to be a part of
    I enjoy being cryptic and overly descriptive. But yeah, you're right.

I imagine your voice sounds like this
    https://soundcloud.com/joshpan/13-13...3-13-freestyle
    His voice is quite relaxing.

ReputationRep:
    r/iamverysmart

I like how you think though, keep being reflective, it's cool af
    Thank you

(Original post by Orbital_Rising)
    r/iamverysmart
    Untrue, I gain no benefit from trying to look smart. There are many people on this website who are way more intellectual than I ever could be. I just wanted to speak of my feelings.

I apologise if this is how I'm coming across.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy being cryptic and overly descriptive. But yeah, you're right.

I enjoy that too, detail can be good. Not always though. There are very few constants

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Untrue, I gain no benefit from trying to look smart. There are many people on this website who are way more intellectual than I ever could be. I just wanted to speak of my feelings.

I apologise if this is how I'm coming across.
    I delight in the sesquipedalian loquaciousness in the discovery of the psyche.

Seriously though, I'm just joking. Reflection is good. If you are feeling depressed you should be able to access a support team during your A Levels. Get better soon.

I want to believe that there is someone, or several people out there that I'll meet in the future that will make me know that I'm genuinely someone that they'd selflessly and absolutely want to be doing good.

Apart from that, the only thing that I can truly know is that thinking in this way often will only make me more aware of any unhappy/lonely feelings I have.

I get you bro, you'll be ite one day, or you'll be dead one day, either way you won't have to worry about these things any more

(Original post by Orbital_Rising)
    I delight in the sesquipedalian loquaciousness in the discovery of the psyche.

Seriously though, I'm just joking. Reflection is good. If you are feeling depressed you should be able to access a support team during your A Levels. Get better soon.
    Thank you, talking about it to people seems terrible though. It feels like it's a weakness, or something.

I want to believe that there is someone, or several people out there that I'll meet in the future that will make me know that I'm genuinely someone that they'd selflessly and absolutely want to be doing good.

Apart from that, the only thing that I can truly know is that thinking in this way often will only make me more aware of any unhappy/lonely feelings I have.

I get you bro, you'll be ite one day, or you'll be dead one day, either way you won't have to worry about these things any more
    I understand what you mean. It's impossible to know anyone's true motives, which is scary.

That was weirdly calming. Thanks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.