Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I already know how to travel etc, but I just want to ask you a question.

Basically the route I am going now (plaistow station to hatfield railway station) takes 1 hour and 30 minutes.

however

I found this new route where I could go from stratford international station to hatfield which takes 40 minutes.

If I book a ticket, will that ticket permit me to go from stratford international station to kings cross station ( i need to switch trains because it isnt direct to hatfield) and kings cross station to hatfield?

Basically what I am asking is can I use the same ticket to go from stratford to kings cross and to hatfield or do I need to buy two tickets: one ticket to get from stratford to kings cross and another ticket from kings cross to hatfield.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You may get better answers if you post this question in Travel. But it depends on the ticket. You can get some which permit you to travel on any route.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Light Venom)
    I already know how to travel etc, but I just want to ask you a question.

Basically the route I am going now (plaistow station to hatfield railway station) takes 1 hour and 30 minutes.

however

I found this new route where I could go from stratford international station to hatfield which takes 40 minutes.

If I book a ticket, will that ticket permit me to go from stratford international station to kings cross station ( i need to switch trains because it isnt direct to hatfield) and kings cross station to hatfield?

Basically what I am asking is can I use the same ticket to go from stratford to kings cross and to hatfield or do I need to buy two tickets: one ticket to get from stratford to kings cross and another ticket from kings cross to hatfield.
    First of all no trains from Stratford International go to King's Cross. They go to St Pancras next door.

The rail timetable is giving about 1 hour 10 minutes from Stratford International to Hatfield. This allows 10 minutes to get from St Pancras to King's Cross. That is generous. You will do it in less, but it isn't a 1 minute trip from platform to platform either.

There are two routes from Stratford International to Hatfield with different prices. The cheap route is via the London Overgound and does not go through King's Cross. It is Stratford International to Stratford, Stratford to Highbury amd Islington. Highbury and Islington to to Hatfield. These tickets are marked via Hackney Wick.

The more expensive route is Stratford International to St Pancras, King's Cross to Hatfield. Tickets are marked via any permitted route. You can use the expensive ticket to travel on either route.

Provided you have the expensive ticket you can travel the way you want to on one ticket.

Sometimes the barriers at either St Pancras or King's Cross will not accept a ticket that allows a change of station. If so, show the railwayman your ticket.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.