Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I decided to apply for university after I got my grades, and ended up getting A*AB in English lit, drama and philosophy and ethics respectively. I was planning to apply to Bristol for politics and international relations, which is an AAA course. However, I have been told that as technically as I didn't reach the offer I will have to retake one of my philosophy and ethics models (I got an A* in the first one and misread a question in the second module and got an E, having got an A at AS).My teacher said that I need to write 'pending' for my philosophy and ethics A2 on ucas. I am worries that this will impact my application for universities with lower requirements than Bristol (e.g. AAB courses), which I already have the grades for. Will they still make me offers if they can't see my third A level grade, or will my teacher just have to explain the dilemma in my reference?
    - thanks to any replies xxx
    (I realise i spelt module wrong Ahahah)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -maddy-)
    I decided to apply for university after I got my grades, and ended up getting A*AB in English lit, drama and philosophy and ethics respectively. I was planning to apply to Bristol for politics and international relations, which is an AAA course. However, I have been told that as technically as I didn't reach the offer I will have to retake one of my philosophy and ethics models (I got an A* in the first one and misread a question in the second module and got an E, having got an A at AS).My teacher said that I need to write 'pending' for my philosophy and ethics A2 on ucas. I am worries that this will impact my application for universities with lower requirements than Bristol (e.g. AAB courses), which I already have the grades for. Will they still make me offers if they can't see my third A level grade, or will my teacher just have to explain the dilemma in my reference?
    - thanks to any replies xxx
    (I realise i spelt module wrong Ahahah)
    You have to declare all three grades you have now and then write 2017 pending for the one you are resitting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.