The Student Room Group

I'm pregnant, what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

No wonder non muslim countries have the highest rates of abortion.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
My parents would throw me out if they found out and I'd have to stay with a friend for a while before I moved out officially and that itself would require me to take a break from my current placement. And what I'm doing now, its a 5 days a week thing and I cannot simply just take my baby to work. IMO I would not be able to continue what I want to do without having a really long pause or resulting to just quitting and working a retail job. I want to be in a place where I can have a baby without it making me homeless, disowned from my family, financially unstable and having a disrupted education/career path. Once I get that bit sorted then yes having a baby would be a right time even if its not the "right time".

Also thank you for answering my questions :smile:

The biggest piece of advice I can give you? Wait for your six week scan.

You wouldn't buy a house without going to view it.

You wouldn't apply for a job without reading through the job description.

You wouldn't marry someone you'd never met before.

Go for the scan (well it's likely you'll have to anyway to officially date your pregnancy, but six weeks is when you can actually see something), and realise what you're giving up. If you still want the abortion, go for it. If you look at the scan and think 'that's my baby. I'll make it work in spite of the circumstances, because that's my baby', then you know your answer :-)
Original post by Think People
No wonder non muslim countries have the highest rates of abortion.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I mean the women in the same situation in Islamic countries would be killed before they even made it to the clinic. If they existed. But I hear stoning is equally as effective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moonstruck16
Yeah I mean the women in the same situation in Islamic countries would be killed before they even made it to the clinic. If they existed. But I hear stoning is equally as effective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stoning is NOT an Islamic concept. It is more of a innovated biblical concept.
(edited 7 years ago)
Stoning is NOT an Islamic concept. It is more of a innovated biblical concept.

Yeah well in recent times I've heard it mostly be used in Islamic countries and anyway that really isn't the point.
Original post by Moonstruck16
Yeah well in recent times I've heard it mostly be used in Islamic countries and anyway that really isn't the point.

Yes that is the point lol. Now what you are taking about. Lashes is the known punishment for adultery in sharia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes that is the point lol. Now what you are taking about. Lashes is the known punishment for adultery in sharia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No the point is you missed the context in everything I said in my previous reply.
I've also noticed you are very selective about what you choose to reply to.
Original post by Spock's Socks
You're welcome :hugs:

No I didn't regret, even right after it happened. I was angry at myself for getting into that situation even though I was on the pill but that was about it. Tbh, I felt nothing but relief after it was done.

Yip if you're up to nine weeks, you'll get the pill abortion. You go to the clinic one day for one tablet and then you go back two days later for four more tablets and then the actual abortion takes place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you get pregnant on the pill if you don't mind me asking? Were you taking it perfectly? Did you get symptoms of pregnancy as I've heard when you fall pregnant on the pill it can be concealed as the periods you get are 'fake', and on the mini pill some don't get periods at all (I don't).
Original post by Natashadesigner
How did you get pregnant on the pill if you don't mind me asking? Were you taking it perfectly? Did you get symptoms of pregnancy as I've heard when you fall pregnant on the pill it can be concealed as the periods you get are 'fake', and on the mini pill some don't get periods at all (I don't).

I was taking it perfectly on time every day. Just before I found out I pregnant, I had just recovered from pneumonia a few weeks before and maybe the pill interacted with the medication I was taking for pneumonia or maybe I was just unlucky as you can take the pill perfectly and still get pregnant.

Tbh, I didn't notice any changes in me but my partner noticed I was eating more and I was more moody but I put down the increase in appetite to me finally getting over pneumonia but when I noticed my period was late by over a week, that is when I decided to do the test. It wasn't until after I found out I was pregnant that I noticed symptoms like nausea, especially when I smelled things and little other things here and there. I didn't have any kind of bleeding or spotting at all.

Quick Reply

Latest