I have these gcse
    biology B
    chemistry B
    maths C
    English language C
    English lit C
    sociology C
    geography C

would I be able to study dentistry at an uni?
    I'm doing biology, chemistry and psychology a-levels

ReputationRep:
    I'd say you would be able to - but maybe not the highest tier of unis.
    Having a strong personal statement and strong A-Level grades would help a lot, and be quite necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah1778)
    I'd say you would be able to - but maybe not the highest tier of unis.
    Having a strong personal statement and strong A-Level grades would help a lot, and be quite necessary.
    if I got a's in my alevels maybe even a" would I be in with a good chance? what unis would I be able to get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethLeeder)
    if I got a's in my alevels maybe even a" would I be in with a good chance? what unis would I be able to get in?
    If you got those grades at AS and you get predicted that in A2, you could apply pretty much anywhere if you have good experience to put in your personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    If you got those grades at AS and you get predicted that in A2, you could apply pretty much anywhere if you have good experience to put in your personal statement.
    but I thought I needed a's and b's in gcse for most universities. coud I get into kings college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethLeeder)
    but I thought I needed a's and b's in gcse for most universities. coud I get into kings college?
    I feel like universities don't really focus on GCSE's so much... It's more about A-Level grades, experience, passion for the course etc

ReputationRep:
    I feel like universities don't really focus on GCSE's so much... It's more about A-Level grades, experience, passion for the course etc
    thank you sarah

ReputationRep:
    Going from a B in chemistry GCSE to an A at A level IS a big jump, especially as you got a c in Maths. Have you looked at dental hygiene and thereapist courses?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.