Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I didn't get picked watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This has really mad me sad as last year I got chosen for a debate team of 3 to compete and we just missed winning for our area to go onto the region. I thought we did so well and I was excited to do it again this year, but the other girl on the team with me informed me that the teacher who chooses the members has asked her soooo many times, and that she doesn't even want to do it, all I can think is why haven't I been asked? I'm so sad about it and need some advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonSnow)
    This has really mad me sad as last year I got chosen for a debate team of 3 to compete and we just missed winning for our area to go onto the region. I thought we did so well and I was excited to do it again this year, but the other girl on the team with me informed me that the teacher who chooses the members has asked her soooo many times, and that she doesn't even want to do it, all I can think is why haven't I been asked? I'm so sad about it and need some advice
    Maybe try throwing bricks at the team to vent your frustration because you didn't get picked? :teehee:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Have you asked the teacher why you havent been asked when its clear the other gilr doesnt wnat to do it? The other girl can always refuse. Do you think he felt the other girl was better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannonSnow)
    Perhaps go to the teacher and ask her straight up? As in, find her during break or after a lesson and ask her what her plans are. If she doesn't pick you, ask her (politely!) who she's picking and why. (and possibly if she's told him/her).

If it gets to a stage where she seems to have made up her mind, it's rather difficult to change her decision, so just thank her for telling you and leave.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.