Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I love them when I get them texted to me about 3 days before you post them
    What, like:-

Why is it best to take a pencil to your bedroom?

So you can draw the curtains.

What did the carpet say to the floor?

You go ahead I'll cover you.

2842 actually.
    I thought you were going to let everybody else enjoy a guessing game, nevermind, you're bloody *thinks* 2001 ahead of me, that's almost the year were in. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    lol sorry i didn't mean it like that, i just meant no jokes about that particular topic.
    Hun, we're all cool on that now. Enjoy your shiny gems

ReputationRep:
    Got this shocker today:

I am in hospital, I've poisoned myself. I used a daffodil bulb in a cheese sandwich instead of an onion. Don't worry, I'll be out in the spring.

And I've had worse than that.
    Oh dear.

Have you had those jokes texted to you before?

ReputationRep:
    I think in about 1997.
    Must have been people trying ouit their phones for the first time then.

ReputationRep:
    I think in about 1997.
    A man went to see the doctor with a strawberry on his head. The doctor said to him "Don't worry, I've got some cream for you to put on it".

*Gimp runs*

I hope you haven't been taking the credit for my solving the rep equation.
    lol, i told people the rep equation and let them get excited, and then said that it was actually you, i had my moment of undeserved false glory, and i'm happy to have had it, decency pervailed eventually though.

Are you preparing one of your ledgendary newspaper things? I've never been around to see one of those.

I take it that means 'people repped you for it' :rolleyes:
    lol no, i wouldn't let people go that far.

Yes, not quite finished, kind of run out of interesting people to take the piss out of. And Gimp won't help.
    Just extend my section.

Btw I make no guarantees that anyone will find it remotely amusing. However I do, and that's what counts to me. If nobody else does then you're all humourless gits.
    I'm sure if i don't it'll merely be because i don't understand them, and then i'll have to ask you to explain and then that'll ruin the joke. :rolleyes:

(Try and dumb it down a little....)

ReputationRep:
    Btw I make no guarantees that anyone will find it remotely amusing. However I do, and that's what counts to me. If nobody else does then you're all humourless gits.
    i'm sure us oldies will find it funny. (you're a kinda adopted oldie)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    A man went to see the doctor with a strawberry on his head. The doctor said to him "Don't worry, I've got some cream for you to put on it".

*Gimp runs*
    No need to run, I like that one!

What did the pencil sharpener say to the pencil?

Stop going in circles and get to the point!

ReputationRep:
    I am?? Excellent. I can start moaning about newbies and the decline of the forum now.

ah well... you don't get all privilages. and most of us proper oldies have given up with the moaning and we ignore newbies. it's the wannabe-oldies (who joined in like april) who do that role now.

you seem to be losing touch with forum politics...

lou xxx

(Original post by theman)
    What did the pencil sharpener say to the pencil?

Stop going in circles and get to the point!
    lol....i mean... :rolleyes:

I am?? Excellent. I can start moaning about newbies and the decline of the forum now.
    Hmmm, much like Mr White. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

ah well... you don't get all privilages. and most of us proper oldies have given up with the moaning and we ignore newbies. it's the wannabe-oldies (who joined in like april) who do that role now.

you seem to be losing touch with forum politics...

lou xxx
    LOL - "wannabe oldies" and "forum politics"!

There really is a lot to UKL, isn't there?!

(Original post by theaman)
    LOL - "wannabe oldies" and "forum politics"!

There really is a lot to UKL, isn't there?!
    My hopes and dreams for a communist UKL have been shattered by those remarks.

I'm not sure if i'm a wannabe oldie, more like one of the people they shout out...i'd rather that really.

ReputationRep:

I'm not sure if i'm a wannabe oldie, more like one of the people they shout out...i'd rather that really.
    I like shouting at Ben. But he doesn't always appreciate it

ReputationRep:

ha no. you're definately still a newbie.

lou xxx

(Original post by lou p lou)
    ha no. you're definitely still a newbie.
    As refreshing as that is to know, may i ask just why this is? I'm not going to be stupid and say "but i have lots of posts" but i'm jst saying the it's not defined by join date, so when will i stop being a newbie to you? Maybe when i stop posting on general chat all the time in which case i'll always remain a newbie, which i'm fine with, i just wish to know as everybody has different opinions on it.

(Original post by Helenia)
    I like shouting at Ben. But he doesn't always appreciate it
    Doing it once hardly makes you like it, and it was totally random and unfair because it wasn't even because of me thatyou were upset, and i was fragile at that point in time.

ReputationRep:
    As refreshing as that is to know, may i ask just why this is? I'm not going to be stupid and say "but i have lots of posts" but i'm jst saying the it's not defined by join date, so when will i stop being a newbie to you? Maybe when i stop posting on general chat all the time in which case i'll always remain a newbie, which i'm fine with, i just wish to know as everybody has different opinions on it.
    it probably is the general chat thing. it also tends to be members i don't know as well. i think us 'oldies' like to think of most people as newbies

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

I'm still a newbie and I've been here since february and have 11 gems

You will never ever amount to anything! YOU HEAR ME?!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.