Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinkymints)
    It's because she is 16. That's the way things work with some 16 year olds. Which I find funny, but that's just me.
    ummm I dated a 16 year old (only a date - didnt actually go out with each other), and she approached me via talking to me in the pub. Then we exchanged phone numbers in a pub. And our date was for a coffee somewhere, followed by walking around town, then we went to the cinema, and met later at night to the pub.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    im 17/18
    How does that work?!

ReputationRep:
    no pen?
    She had her phone with her

ReputationRep:
    How does that work?!
    Im 17....18 in <month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    ummm I dated a 16 year old (only a date - didnt actually go out with each other), and she approached me via talking to me in the pub. Then we exchanged phone numbers in a pub. And our date was for a coffee somewhere, followed by walking around town, then we went to the cinema, and met later at night to the pub.
    My friend is with an 18 year old, but then she regularly goes to over-21 clubs so I guess they have no problem. They go to the pub and stuff...

Persuade her to try the pub, and agree otherwise you'll go to the park with her!

ReputationRep:
    no pen?

*edit* Where? Aylesbury? (from F. Poste's profile) Take her to see some ducks?! :rolleyes:

Can't be more boring than where I live, 30mins walk to the local shop :rolleyes:
    The irony of it all is that there are no ducks in aylesbury

ReputationRep:
    My friend is with an 18 year old, but then she regularly goes to over-21 clubs so I guess they have no problem. They go to the pub and stuff...

Persuade her to try the pub, and agree otherwise you'll go to the park with her!
    Thing is, Aylesbury is gay, and they are stupidly strict when it comes to getting into places and ID. Most pubs are ok but shes really not up for trying it. Come on I need some ideas, Im NOT going to the bloody park!

ReputationRep:
    I was working out long before I met her

Yeh thats what I was thinking too, but Id just feel gay at the park, im 17/18, last time I went into a park was when I was 14, I mean, I dont know if I could actually bring myself to do it..
    you say she's a skater/grunger? her mind is probably still a bit young, so taking her to a pub is probably not her style until she wear normal clothes. So you are pretty much stuck with the park. I aint saying skater/grungers are sad because i still have some skater/grunger friends, but they dont sorta wear 'those' clothes all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking some sort of music gig is my last chance, but I dont know anyone playing anywhere, any well known bands playing tomorrow night?

ReputationRep:
    lol really? How disappointing

I'd be impressed with the effort though if I were her...

ReputationRep:
    I was working out long before I met her

Yeh thats what I was thinking too, but Id just feel gay at the park, im 17/18, last time I went into a park was when I was 14, I mean, I dont know if I could actually bring myself to do it..
    You could hold hands, build necklaces out of buttercup flowers, blow dandellions, and feed the ducks with left over bread.

ROFL!!!

I suppose it's better than the cinema, I mean how lame is that?

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, Aylesbury is gay, and they are stupidly strict when it comes to getting into places and ID. Most pubs are ok but shes really not up for trying it. Come on I need some ideas, Im NOT going to the bloody park!
    ok, is it because you are embarrassed that you yourself would be asked ID, and she would easily stroll in without being asked? coz hell, I would be very embarrassed. Even if u do get into pubs normally, sometimes by pure unluckiness they might just ask u suddenly. So pub is quite risky chance.

I've experienced never being asked before when i was underage (about 16-17), and then SUDDENLY THIS ONE DAY when I was going out with my usual pub friends, and for the first time a group of my female friends, they all got in successfully, and I got asked!. It was as if the bouncer PURPOSELY wanted me to look stupid. I had to just go home (one of my closer friends went home with me aswell so i spoilt his day) - I was embarrassed for atleast a week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    You could hold hands, build necklaces out of buttercup flowers, blow dandellions, and feed the ducks with left over bread.

ROFL!!!

LOL, seriously, Im feeling exactly the same, the whole idea is just making me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    ok, is it because you are embarrassed that you yourself would be asked ID, and she would easily stroll in without being asked? coz hell, I would be very embarrassed. Even if u do get into pubs normally, sometimes by pure unluckiness they might just ask u suddenly. So pub is quite risky chance.

I've experienced never being asked before when i was underage (about 16-17), and then SUDDENLY THIS ONE DAY when I was going out with my usual pub friends, and for the first time a group of my female friends, they all got in successfully, and I got asked!. It was as if the bouncer PURPOSELY wanted me to look stupid. I had to just go home (one of my closer friends went home with me aswell so i spoilt his day) - I was embarrassed for atleast a week!
    Nah, its not that at all, although it wouldnt surprise me if that did happen, tits n ass, only ID you need!

ReputationRep:

ROFL!!!

LOL

ok, is it because you are embarrassed that you yourself would be asked ID, and she would easily stroll in without being asked?

LOL

yeah, very helpful I know

ReputationRep:
    LOL, seriously, Im feeling exactly the same, the whole idea is just making me cringe.
    Just take it as it comes, if it makes you feel any better, don't treat it as a date, but more of a formality and getting to know here better, and think of it on the bright side, it's not costing you anything, no seriously though, get to know her better, I mean with my past exploits I have found 16 year olds slightly immature and girly-ish.

Good luck anyway, I'm off now.

ReputationRep:
    You lot don't seem to have very high opinions of 16 year old girls in general

but then, neither do I... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You lot don't seem to have very high opinions of 16 year old girls in general

but then, neither do I... :rolleyes:
    In hindsight, I did day that my conclusions were only based upon past experience, and in my defence I didn't say that ALL 16 year olds, are immature. Why have I hurt your ego?

ReputationRep:
    I have evidence in pictures that says that's not true

You've checked that there's no gig at the limelight/multi-cultural? that appears to be where the grungy kids go... i know there's one next week (fri) because my friend said that he's going.

ReputationRep:
    In hindsight, I did day that my conclusions were only based upon past experience, and in my defence I didn't say that ALL 16 year olds, are immature. Why have I hurt your ego?
    I know, it's just an observation.

I don't think I'm like that personally (and I highly doubt anyone who knows me would think that!!) and neither are most of my friends, so it has no effect on my ego

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.