Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

How much do you spend per week at university? I was thinking about spending as much as £100 or more per week at university to cover for food, drink, toiletries and etc..

James

ReputationRep:
    Hi James,

Firstly, it's important to remember that price is subjective and although £125 may be expensive to yourself, for others that might be a different amount.

For me personally it's around £400 a week and a good proportion of that money is spent on seeds.

Goose

ReputationRep:
    Hi Goose,

Thank you for your message and I hope your digestive system is functioning at peak efficiency.

Firstly, this question i asked is going to give me a realistic view of the costs per week living at university. As I really don't want to overspend.

Finally, I have a HSBC Premier current account so money isn't the issue. But like I said before, its more to do with being realistic and trying not to overspend the money at university.

James

ReputationRep:
    Hi James,

For me personally it's around £500 a week with most of that being spent on cabbage.

Slug

ReputationRep:
    Hi JamesFor me personally it's 400 anime figurines a week with most that being used to fuel my otaku addiction.OnichanPlag

ReputationRep:
    I usually take food from home, but if I'm buying food there probably £20 a week. I'm trying to be more healthy and drink water etc.

I also prefer spending my money on clothes and shoes etc. Rather than food when I can take a sandwich from home and bottle of water for free.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I want to write something witty as well but I don't want to kill it.

For real though, I spend about £50-£75.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the first 3 weeks after my loan came in I was spending like £700/week and then £50/week for the next 12 weeks lol

ReputationRep:
    hi james,

I spend £50 a week on food and any left overs will be spent on cleaning/toilet products etc
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Hi James,

For me personally it's about £4000 a week with most of that being spent on mummies and bottles of sand.

Edmin

ReputationRep:
    Hi James,

I spend around £500 per week, with most of that being spent on chloroform and rohipnol.

Trojan

ReputationRep:
    I thought I was on TSR not Reddit wtf :lol:

ReputationRep:
    This thread is so funny
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi James.

Following the great advice you have been give above I would say I spend anywhere between £80 to £8695.47 a week. Most of that is spent on buying semi-rotten fish and toiletry products to clean up after I find out it wasn't a fart.

Penguinfarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Hi James,

Now, you see, I personally spend around £2mil a week. It just about covers my cocaine and caviar addiction, and provides me with "enough" money to get by. Of course, sometimes I have to dip into the overdraft now and again, but fortunately those times are rare.

Thanks for asking,
    Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ruined the joke
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    Ruined the joke
    Good for you mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £40 a week for just me (obvs not including rent).

I earn £135 a week at my part time job, so this is my weekly breakdown:
    Food - £10
    Laundry - £5
    Toiletries - £5
    Spending money - £20
    Savings - £95

I only shop at ALDI though and am vegan, so that's why I can keep my food bill so low. I'm currently trying to save for driving lessons and to carry on getting my sleeve (tattoo) finished.

ReputationRep:
    I spent around £20 on shopping as and when I needed it which wasnt necessarily weekly...
    I spent about £10 on nights out and drink a week
    Then say another £5-£10 on lunches and other stuff that I needed that week

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.