The Student Room Group

What universities for economics do have a realistic chance of getting into?

Predicted A*AA with A* in maths, A in further maths and A in economics.
Did wider reading in economics and mathematical economics, read the economist, entering Target 2.0 BoE competition, UKMT maths challenges (gold and silver)

Unfortunately, Oxbridge, LSE, UCL would be out of reach I think because most people applying are predicted 3A*s or more. What other unis could I apply to? I've done wider reading and have a good personal statement. Do you guys think I could have a good chance at maybe KCL or Bristol?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by Ladbants
Predicted A*AA with A* in maths, A in further maths and A in economics.
Did wider reading in economics and mathematical economics, read the economist, entering Target 2.0 BoE competition, UKMT maths challenges (gold and silver)

Unfortunately, Oxbridge, LSE, UCL would be out of reach I think because most people applying are predicted 3A*s or more. What other unis could I apply to? I've done wider reading and have a good personal statement. Do you guys think I could have a good chance at maybe KCL or Bristol?

With the A* in Math prediction, you're pretty much open to all Economic course. Although some Oxbridge, LSE, UCL candidates would be predicted 3 A*s, A*AA is the typical offer and so you would just need a really good ps and reference. So apply to them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending