Does your household recycle?

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Does your household recycle?
    Yes
    86.30%
    No
    13.70%

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity really Do you?

ReputationRep:
    Yup!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. We're middle class enough.

ReputationRep:
    yep, i actually have very little general refuse. I have no bin services where i live so everything has to go the dump for recycling once every couple of months, leftover food generally goes on the fire in winter or down the back of the field (providing its not meat which attracts scavengers)

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    We do! We have 4 big bins plus a smaller one for food waste so it only seems right to use the bins for what they're supposed to be used for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    yep, i actually have very little general refuse. I have no bin services where i live so everything has to go the dump for recycling once every couple of months, leftover food generally goes on the fire in winter or down the back of the field (providing its not meat which attracts scavengers)
    The bin service where I am currently is pretty terrible as well but at least we have bin service. Sounds like a hassle Good on you for recycling though!

ReputationRep:

These guys probably recycle more than me

ReputationRep:
    Sure do. We have to put food waste in a different garbage bin also or else we get fined $$

ReputationRep:
    yep

ReputationRep:
    We used to, until all of the recycling bins were removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    We used to, until all of the recycling bins were removed.
    Why were they removed? :O

ReputationRep:
    we have to. both parents are very strict in that area. anytime i accidentally throw a plastic pot into the bin they fish it out saying 'NO its PLASTIC, so where does it gooo??!' lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Why were they removed? :O
    I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    Naturally. Every household I've ever been a member of has recycled, as long as recycling has been a thing, I've always made sure of this! Furthermore, my dissertation was based around Behavioural Economics > green behaviour > recycling :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    Can't you get fined for not recycling now? We recycle AND compost #thathippylife

Seriously though compost is great it reduces your waste and the amount you have to take bins out / buy bin bags so much. Just make sure to get one with a cover and don't put any cooked food in or things that could attract rats. Garden waste and fruit/veg waste only

ReputationRep:
    Sad that there are any 'no' replies! What a waste. Like 80% of all the rubbish in my house is recycling.

ReputationRep:
    Yup 👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was illegal not to recycle?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.