Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I don't have any tuition loan available. I did a course and then I dropped out: leading me to undertake my new course, for which I had to take a two year medical break.

    Although I intend to change this, I didn't keep contact with student finance about my details and situation. I have applied for student finance and even though I should have at least two years remaining my entitlement states that I am not eligible for tuition loan and that I must pay the loan myself.

    I'm really confused about this situation.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Student finance work backwards when working your entitlement; so if you do have 2 years left and are doing a 3 year course, you'll get funding for the last 2 years. You might get compelling personal reasons (CPR) if you had to leave yourse for medical reasons.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi icedemon

    As you have had a gap over 18 months you must apply on a new students application form. As advised if you had medical reasons you can appeal to get your year of funding back. Once you apply please send a cover letter to explain why you could not continue on your course and evidence to back this up.

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.