Turn on thread page Beta

One night stands... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so there is a reason I'm not posting this in 'Health and Relationships,' it's because I'm not interested in hearing anybody's advice just people's views and opinions. But mod's if you feel it would be more approproate to move it there then feel free.

So what's everyone's opinions on one night stands? Do you feel it's morally acceptable/unacceptable? Have you ever had one?

The reason I ask is because a while ago I did have one, just the one mind, and thinking back on it it just feels really odd that I did it. I was tipsy, naturally (but not blind drunk) and just caught carried away with the whole 'I'm only young once' idea. Plus I kinda fancied the guy. I don't regret it, what's the point it's not really a big deal. I shant be doing it again (excuse the pun) in a hurry though. I've come to the conclusion that sex with someone you care about is so, so much better. One night stands really do lack the intimacy you'd have otherwise- something I cherish as much as the act itself. And I think a person who continuous one night stands must be trying to fill a void in their life. However different strokes for different folks I guess...

ReputationRep:
    I think there's nothing wrong with them as long as you both know where you stand and you're both single - I wouldn't have one myself though.

ReputationRep:
    It can be fun yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with them at all morally, as long as both (or even all!) people involved know that it's not going to go anywhere relationshipwise.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see why there's anything morally wrong, unless they are a munter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    Can't see why there's anything morally wrong, unless they are a munter.
    :hubba:....oh wait...:hmmm:

for ****ing idiots.

ReputationRep:
    I've had one but definitely wouldn't if I was in a relationship or if they were in one.

ReputationRep:
    nothing wrong with them as long as both people understand whats going on (as in no strings) and protection is used

ReputationRep:
    How could no-strings-attached sex between two single people possibly be wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing morally wrong. Although I wouldn't have a one night stand with a complete stranger, since they could be a grade A nutter or have regrets afterwards and cry rape.

ReputationRep:
    Like others have said, there's nothing morally wrong with it (Unless you believe in the whole no sex before marriage thing). I have had one night stands in the past, and undoubtedly will do again in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I've had one.

Never again! Awful experience.

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's safe and neither are cheating, why the hell not? Probably not a good idea when you're drunk though - we all know the horror stories of waking up next to someone abominably ugly.

I wouldn't really have any qualms about having a one night stand if I wasn't in a relationship. Not with a total stranger, though; I'd need to at least know the person a little first so I know they're not some nutcase.

ReputationRep:
    they're evil!

ReputationRep:
    I like the "nothing morally wrong" comments. That's because none of you seem to have any morals these days.

ReputationRep:
    They are disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lé Nash)
    I like the "nothing morally wrong" comments. That's because none of you seem to have any morals these days.
    Or our morals aren't from the Victorian age.

ReputationRep:
    Why not... As long as you're single, it's just a nice bit of exercise, and more fun than going to the gym

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing funnier than going to a 9am lecture and passing everyone doing the walk of shame

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.