Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BTEC Level 3 Applied Science (Extended Certificate) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    They have changed Subsidiary Diploma to Extended Certificate, if you are studying this, your teacher may have already told you so.

So, has anyone got their first assignment yet. My teacher has generically explained that we are doing our internal assignment based on,
    Unit 8: Physiology of human body systems (Musculoskeletal System) including disorders that may occur.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips, advise or any resources that may help with this topic. I am aiming for a D* in this assignment. Has anybody done this before?

Any help is much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    You cannot get D* in an assignment.

There are three criterias ( D, M, P). When you have an overall grade like getting, distinction for all 10 units within the year, then it will count as D*D* ( which is a subsidary diploma). In the second year, the subsidary diploma will be upgraded to a extended diploma meaning you can get three grades D*D*D* which is equivalent to A*A*A*.

Assignments are tough, I got D*D*D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runningcat)
    They have changed Subsidiary Diploma to Extended Certificate, if you are studying this, your teacher may have already told you so.

So, has anyone got their first assignment yet. My teacher has generically explained that we are doing our internal assignment based on,
    Unit 8: Physiology of human body systems (Musculoskeletal System) including disorders that may occur.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips, advise or any resources that may help with this topic. I am aiming for a D* in this assignment. Has anybody done this before?

Any help is much appreciated
    Use the btec, book it is really helpful, secondly do not copy and paste the answers from the book because you will ( well I hope so) need to put your work through turn it in ( a software which detects if you copied someones work including books and everything from the interne).
    Make sure your work is very detailed and include things that are not part of the syllabus, teachers will be impressed. explain things clearly in a good manner.

such as when talking about the krebs cycle, how does it function, how many stages are there, what does all the stages do, how does the ATP break down into ADP. what is the difference between ATP and ADP. This is just an example, make sure you explain everything clearly, and what everything does. Pretend you are giving this information to someone that has no clue what science is and base it on that.

What I tend to do is when I write a paragraph, any key term I use such as an 'axon', i would explain what it is in my second paragraph and what it does.

In the first year my work was a joke ( didnt write much), but in the second year I improved alot. Most of the assignments I wrote were 10-20 pages each, making it a total of 50-80 pages ( for one whole unit).

Most of the information can be found from the internet (thats what I did as well as the book), they expect you to do your own independent research from other sources, make sure you do. and do not forget to put a bibliography at the back and reference the information from where you got it from, your teacher should explain how to do referencing.

Some teachers may also be strict about giving you a pass merit and distinction. such as if you fail the pass criteria, the teacher may not mark your merit and distinction until you fixed up your pass criteria and may not give you the chance to give you a distinction but may mark your merit.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.