The Student Room Group

am i going to make friends

just started college
only got one friend with me
keep hearing people say how they're just going to stick with their old group for the next 2 years. do people really do this? i hate being here it's so lonely
Reply 1
Original post by fnsb
just started college
only got one friend with me
keep hearing people say how they're just going to stick with their old group for the next 2 years. do people really do this? i hate being here it's so lonely

When I went to college all the friendship groups sort of merged together after a while :smile: I was worried about this too because lots of my friends went to different colleges to me,but it was okay in the end. I even made friends with someone I couldn't stand from my school who attended the same college as me

By Christmas we were all talking to each other saying hi to one another in the corridor and playing killer pool tournaments at lunchtime and the odd free period.

I went to a small college though so it had more of a community feel. You'll be fine and even if not college isn't forever- it's just 2 years and they will be the fastest 2 years of your life. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by L33t
When I went to college all the friendship groups sort of merged together after a while :smile: I was worried about this too because lots of my friends went to different colleges to me,but it was okay in the end. I even made friends with someone I couldn't stand from my school who attended the same college as me

By Christmas we were all talking to each other saying hi to one another in the corridor and playing killer pool tournaments at lunchtime and the odd free period.

I went to a small college though so it had more of a community feel. You'll be fine and even if not college isn't forever- it's just 2 years and they will be the fastest 2 years of your life. :smile:

i hope things get better
there are over 2000 people here i don't know what to do
I stick with my old group and it works fine. Besides them I've only made 1 actual friend but I don't mind. None of my friends are in my class this year so it can get a bit lonely.

As long as you do talk to people in your class then it won't be bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending