Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I changed my student finance on 30th August (after going through clearing to attend another university) and had it all approved by the next day, and it's still all approved and ready to go.

However, my 'payments' tab still says my old university with my old loan amounts, and I should have been paid my maintenance loan on the 6/9/16 (the dates set by the new university), but have yet to receive anything due to my payments still listing 19/9/16.

I'm a bit worried as the loan amounts were originally for living in London, so are about £11k for a year, but the university I'll be attending soon made it so my entitlement was £7.1k. I'm also worried that the wrong university will be paid the tuition fee loan.

I have phoned SFE twice, and both times they said they'll fix it, but nothing has actually happened. The first time, I was also told that my maintenance loan amounts could vary from £3k for a year, to £8.2k for a year - so I'm just really confused about whats going on with my application.

If anyone could offer any insight into what's happening, it'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Dubois98

Changes to applications are taking 9 working days currently, unless you have applied for grants such as childcare where it may take longer.

if you changed it on 30/08/2016 it should be getting updated shortly. Please check in the correspondence section over the next few days, you will receive a new award letter.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pamela SFE)
    Hi Dubois98

Changes to applications are taking 9 working days currently, unless you have applied for grants such as childcare where it may take longer.

if you changed it on 30/08/2016 it should be getting updated shortly. Please check in the correspondence section over the next few days, you will receive a new award letter.

Thanks
    I've received the new award letter and everything has gone through fine - it's just the payments are showing the old university still. It's been a couple of weeks now and it still hasn't changed. I've already enrolled at the university I am going to as well (on the 6/9/16) and the estimated payment date for the first maintenance loan payment was the 6/9/16. While I understand that by enrolling on the same day I was to be paid will delay the payment, I don't understand why whenever I call, I'm told that I'll be paid the higher maintenance loan as though I were studying in London (when I am no longer studying in London!) and that my first payment will be on the 19/9/16.

It's just all a bit mind-boggling.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.