Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm starting studying Civil Engineering this year.

When I went to show my certificates to register (I didn't do a levels) I was told to come into the department on Monday for an induction, but I can't see any notice of that on the portal or timetable. Am I looking in the wrong place? Are there other events I should be going to but can't see?

ReputationRep:
    Call your school (as in the department your subject comes under). I'm having the same problem too - I'm doing a joint honours course but the induction for only one subject appeared - so I called the other school and they said there definitely is an induction happening and they've emailed me the details

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the response.

Is the induction you can see just on the timetable?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. You should also be able to see it on the welcome pack from your course that they sent you in an email.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Nothing's on my timetable for next week, and I received a welcome pack in the post, but not an email. I guess I'll just turn up on Monday and hopefully they'll tell me if I need to go anywhere else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.