This discussion is closed.
horsecrazy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hey, I know this isnt the most positive thing to be asking since the results arent out yet, but does anyone know when you would find out the result of an appeal? Does it take a long time ? :confused:
Acaila
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The appeals results don't come out til something like September/October so you won't find out for a while .
But you won't need your appeals!

EDIT: Where near Glasgow are you from btw?
Hellsbells
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Appeals seem to have a fairly high success rate - quite a few people I know got their grades changed

But I don't know much about how they operate, sorry.
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If you do end up needing an appeal, call up your school and they will explain everything .
horsecrazy
Rep:
?
Thanks, Ill do that if I need too. Good luck btw if you're expecting ur results on tuesday. Im live in Old Kilpatrick if you know where that is (you probably won't though lol)
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't have a clue to tell you the truth . This just proves how great my geography result is going to be!
ecossaise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Remember, the SQA are trying to cut the number of appeals because the process is so lengthy and a bit of a pain in the bum for them, so if a candidate misses out on the grade he/she was predicted, they look at the grades that the rest of the class got and try and bump the grade of that candidate up accordingly.

So, say Candidate A was predicted a B but got a C in the exam, the SQA look at the rest of the class - what they were predicted and what they got in the final exam and if the rest of the class basically got what they were predicted by their teacher, Candidate A would get his mark bumped up to a B.

The candidates never know this, but the teachers get a little list telling them who has been graded this way.
horsecrazy
Rep:
?
hey, it doent matter anyway becauseI got 5 A's!
Acaila
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yay! Told you not to worry
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads