Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I know this isnt the most positive thing to be asking since the results arent out yet, but does anyone know when you would find out the result of an appeal? Does it take a long time ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The appeals results don't come out til something like September/October so you won't find out for a while .
    But you won't need your appeals!

EDIT: Where near Glasgow are you from btw?

ReputationRep:
    Appeals seem to have a fairly high success rate - quite a few people I know got their grades changed

But I don't know much about how they operate, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    If you do end up needing an appeal, call up your school and they will explain everything .

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Ill do that if I need too. Good luck btw if you're expecting ur results on tuesday. Im live in Old Kilpatrick if you know where that is (you probably won't though lol)

ReputationRep:
    Don't have a clue to tell you the truth . This just proves how great my geography result is going to be!

ReputationRep:
    Remember, the SQA are trying to cut the number of appeals because the process is so lengthy and a bit of a pain in the bum for them, so if a candidate misses out on the grade he/she was predicted, they look at the grades that the rest of the class got and try and bump the grade of that candidate up accordingly.

So, say Candidate A was predicted a B but got a C in the exam, the SQA look at the rest of the class - what they were predicted and what they got in the final exam and if the rest of the class basically got what they were predicted by their teacher, Candidate A would get his mark bumped up to a B.

The candidates never know this, but the teachers get a little list telling them who has been graded this way.

ReputationRep:
    hey, it doent matter anyway becauseI got 5 A's!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Told you not to worry

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.