Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me get my head around this world!! :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do cats and dogs in developed countries like the US and UK eat better food than Humans in countries like Pakistan and continents like Africa? I was real curious and this didn't seem right to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid12)
    Why do cats and dogs in developed countries like the US and UK eat better food than Humans in countries like Pakistan and continents like Africa? I was real curious and this didn't seem right to me
    Because the food is produced in the developed countries and it's hard and expensive getting it to the places that need it. Not to mention the people will pay more money for it to feed their cats than people in Africa will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid12)
    Because they can afford to give their pets better food, cultural differences too, pets are treated more like family across the Western world whilst in other places they tend not be.

This is an example of economics dictating culture rather than the other way round, as the standard of living in Pakistan and Africa will increase so will cultural attitudes towards pets.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.