lcodrington
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently studying an MA in History at a Scottish University for my first year. Because an MA is 4 years in comparison to a BA which is three years, if i were to transfer at the end of my first year and study in England for the following academic year, would i be starting the BA from the first year or the second?
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
The first year of a Scottish undergraduate MA is not equivalent to the first year of an English BA, it's more like the last year of A levels. You almost certainly won't be allowed to transfer into the second year of an English BA.
lcodrington
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks for the response. Do you think it's worth doing the whole year then, or dropping out and applying with UCAS for the next academic year? I realise that you may not be able to give me an answer and that it's ultimately down to my circumstances e.g. student finance, but i appreciate the second opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (653)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (823)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.47%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.48%

Watched Threads