Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

Since I am going to be living in the university accommodation, I'll need to use the laundrette facility as it is the most convenient one. However, I noticed that some clothes can't be tumble dryed (most of them are tees or t-shirts). Therefore, is there is any recommendation to dry the clothes?

Thank you in advance
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Stick them on clothes hangars and hang them somewhere reasonably well-ventilated to air dry. You can do it in your room if you leave the window open a bit.

ReputationRep:
    How do you dry them just now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Stick them on clothes hangars and hang them somewhere reasonably well-ventilated to air dry. You can do it in your room if you leave the window open a bit.
    Great. Is it recommended to buy a clotheshorse for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    I laid them flat indoor, but I won't say it is a help for a year long laundry routine.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by ishb_)
    Great. Is it recommended to buy a clotheshorse for this?
    Ideally yeah, you probably only want to get a small one though, halls of residence don't tend to have much space.

ReputationRep:
    Just bring a few hangers with you and work out what works when you get there.

Alternatively just tumble dry them. Unless they're dry clean only they'll be ok.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    They probably have one of those multi-function things called a Mum.

ReputationRep:
    Just bring a few hangers with you and work out what works when you get there.

Alternatively just tumble dry them. Unless they're dry clean only they'll be ok.
    This is bad advice, some clothes shrink when tumbledried.

ReputationRep:
    If there is a drying room in hall use that. If not just hang them up in your room, maybe get a sock hanger or clothes rack to help, and keep the room as well ventilated as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    They probably have one of those multi-function things called a Mum.
    It's only when people get to uni that they realise a bit about what housework actually is.

OP do you really have wet t-shirts laying on the floor/furniture around the house after they've been washed?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimGB)
    This is bad advice, some clothes shrink when tumbledried.
    How many t-shirts do that?

ReputationRep:
    How many t-shirts do that?
    Quite a few, usually cheaper ones but in general it is not a good idea to put non-tumbledryable clothes in the tumble dryer, as they have that mark for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimGB)
    If there is a drying room in hall use that. If not just hang them up in your room, maybe get a sock hanger or clothes rack to help, and keep the room as well ventilated as possible.
    (Original post by Dez)
    Ideally yeah, you probably only want to get a small one though, halls of residence don't tend to have much space.
    Okay, thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    It's only when people get to uni that they realise a bit about what housework actually is.

OP do you really have wet t-shirts laying on the floor/furniture around the house after they've been washed?!
    Nope. I lay them flat on drying rack back home. But I figured out it will be space-eating if I bring that to the uni. I wonder do they sell small-sized one though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.