Does LSBU really have bad REPUTATIONS?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I have an offer to study M.Sc international accounting and finance (with placement) at London SouthBank University next year. Going to London is quite interesting for me as i will like to settle there atfer my M.Sc course.Hence ,I want to make sure that i study at the best /good University that can at least guarantee job connection after the programme. On the contrary , I had just got an information about the bad reputations of LSBU, its not funny at all am afraid!. My questions are:

Does LSBU really have bad reputations, If yes what are they?

Have anyone been to LSBU or heard any positive stories about LSBU?

Do they specialize in accounting and finance course very well or should i chose another?

What are the prospect of getting a good job placement in London with msc international accounting and finance immediately after graduation ?
    Your advice please!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying in accounting as well. Though I've never heard that LSBU has had a "bad" reputation it's not a top tier university. It's pretty much in the middle of the pack. Saying that their Accounting/Finance/Business courses are probably the best ones they offer and are among the better ones in the country. Not sure about the job prospects after graduation, but you might be able to do placements after the second year for valuable experience witch will allow you to get good work waaaay easier in the future. Other than that you should look into their JobShop. I hope this helps, good luck with your course.

ReputationRep:
    It's certainly not well thought of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kotton)
    It's pretty much in the middle of the pack.
    Have you seen the rankings?

Saying that their Accounting/Finance/Business course [...] are among the better ones in the country.

... is very, very incorrect.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.