The Student Room Group

A level Mathematics

Hello, i just started A level Maths and i was wondering if there are any good websites, book, apps or anything you would recommend in order to achieve a very good grade in this course. Some tips would be great too. I was also wondering whether Statistics or Mechanics is better?? Thank you :smile:
Original post by Jasmiin
Hello, i just started A level Maths and i was wondering if there are any good websites, book, apps or anything you would recommend in order to achieve a very good grade in this course. Some tips would be great too. I was also wondering whether Statistics or Mechanics is better?? Thank you :smile:

Jack brown - a YouTube Channel that covers all a level maths and further maths
Reply 2
www.physicsandmathstutor.com was an invaluable resource for me. It has all of the past papers on it which you really ought to be using to prepare for exams.

Regarding Stats or Mech, I only did M1. If you feel more inclined toward applied mathematics then I'd recommend Mech if you get the choice (but Decisions was my favourite)
Reply 4
Original post by Jasmiin

http://mathswebsite.com/ Hegarty maths website- absolute legend he goes through everything. Also people have already mentioned exam solutions for help with exam questions and the physics and maths tutor website :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Helpmeoutplease
Jack brown - a YouTube Channel that covers all a level maths and further maths

Will defo check it out, thank you!! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Kia_72
www.physicsandmathstutor.com was an invaluable resource for me. It has all of the past papers on it which you really ought to be using to prepare for exams.

Regarding Stats or Mech, I only did M1. If you feel more inclined toward applied mathematics then I'd recommend Mech if you get the choice (but Decisions was my favourite)

Oh, already done your A levels? and thank youu. mhm im not sure i've heard Statistics is very boring but apparently its good for people who took Biology and Chem which is what im doing.
Reply 7
Reply 8
Original post by L33t
http://mathswebsite.com/ Hegarty maths website- absolute legend he goes through everything. Also people have already mentioned exam solutions for help with exam questions and the physics and maths tutor website :smile:

Ooh i was just on Hegarty maths ahah but thank you!! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Jasmiin
Oh, already done your A levels? and thank youu. mhm im not sure i've heard Statistics is very boring but apparently its good for people who took Biology and Chem which is what im doing.

I did edexcel Bio and Chem and I only did a tiny bit of basic Stats in Bio for one topic and nothing else. I'm not sure how it is for other exam boards, but the teachers for the sciences will walk everyone through it step-by-step for that. If you've decided on a future in Bio or Chem though then yeah, Stats is probably more useful in the long run :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest