Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6928854.stm

Any thoughts on this? I cant really say Im typing this with tears streaming down my face :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I only hope he suffered before he died!!

ReputationRep:
    ^ Well given that 90% burns to his body caused the death...one would think so!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what John Smeaton would say to this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care that he died.
    He tried to kill innoncent people

ReputationRep:
    Well, I can't really claim to be overcome by grief. I'm not a death penalty person but it's very difficult to care about the life of someone whose aim was to kill innocents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark and Lovely)
    ^ Well given that 90% burns to his body caused the death...one would think so!
    Nah, I think he was sedated basically into a coma, so he wouldn't have felt a thing, . I just think they shouldn't have even tried to keep him alive, he was going to die anyway. But I suppose we like to advocate human rights etc. though, so we were never just going to let him die, however much the public disagree. I know I would have let the ****er die though.

Did anyone watch Richard & Judy today? Richard Madely kept referring to this man as a 'suspected terrorist'! What an arse.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy your 72 14stone grannies. Is that what you get if you're a failed martyr?

I do feel sorry for the sharks they used in attempted skingrafting procedure .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in my country there is problem)
    Did anyone watch Richard & Judy today? Richard Madely kept referring to this man as a 'suspected terrorist'! What an arse.
    That guy is a complete idiot and his wife isn't much better if I'm honest, but I'll try not to turn this thread into something about them.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I feel sorry for his family

ReputationRep:
    Goodbye Terrorist-chan. :]

I'm glad that your life wasn't spared.

ReputationRep:
    No thoughts, didn't know him. It doesn't really belong in the news, if you ask me. Yeah, I know what he has done, and tried to do. But still, makes no difference to me if he is alive or dead.

ReputationRep:
    what a shame, one less terrorist to worry about

IL try and contain myself and keep strong for everyone

Hope you rot in hatever hell your in you extremeist *insert expression here

ReputationRep:
    i wish he was alive.

he got what he wanted; to be a "martyr" to his manical sky fairy. i'd have either let the scots tear him to bits on the streets or let him live and spend life in jail. no virgins for you mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Well, I can't really claim to be overcome by grief. I'm not a death penalty person but it's very difficult to care about the life of someone whose aim was to kill innocents.
    I doubt that was his aim, he merely saw them as expendable targets towards his aim.

ReputationRep:
    But he's not really a 'martyr'. I can't see many extremists martyring him, he failed in his mission. I don't think Allah will be too happy with him, (from his belief point of view). I don't really care that he died though, i don't wish death on anyone (being anti-death penalty), but at least its another terrorist down.

ReputationRep:
    Awww, I'm playing the world's smallest violin.

Look, here it is:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertin du Nord)
    I doubt that was his aim, he merely saw them as expendable targets towards his aim.
    Of all the people I didn't expect to talk some sense in this thread. This man was clearly brainwashed into a fanatical state; nobody in their right mind drives a burning car into an airport. I feel more pity that he was ever indoctrinated than pleasure at his death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    This man was clearly brainwashed into a fanatical state; nobody in their right mind drives a burning car into an airport. I feel more pity that he was ever indoctrinated than pleasure at his death.
    Problem with that is that it circumstance can be blamed for almost anything that someone does. A lot of the most evil people in history had horrible childhoods etc - where is the line between nuture and personal responsibility drawn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealityIsDull)
    I only hope he suffered before he died!!
    I agree. Although I'd have been happier if he'd have been alive, sent to prison and then lived a life of agony. Sorry if that sounds horrible but he was an evil being!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.