Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Transferring to Queens University Belfast

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I have recently arrived at the University of Glasgow to study German and Business because I was incorrectly told by my school that Queens were not offering that degree. Upon later research I discovered that Queens did actually run the German and Business course and so obviously now I would like to transfer to Queens as it is where I am from. However when I queried them about the opportunity to transfer (I achieved the grade requirements in my A-level) they said it was against university policy to allow transfers. Surely every university allows some form of a transfer? I only ask this question because I am so desperate to go and study at home and am completely heartbroken that they are not offering transfers. Any answers would be appreciated and if they are quick then that is even better as I need to decide whether to continue on being unhappy at my current university or take a year out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SanneD3)
    I have recently arrived at the University of Glasgow to study German and Business because I was incorrectly told by my school that Queens were not offering that degree. Upon later research I discovered that Queens did actually run the German and Business course and so obviously now I would like to transfer to Queens as it is where I am from. However when I queried them about the opportunity to transfer (I achieved the grade requirements in my A-level) they said it was against university policy to allow transfers. Surely every university allows some form of a transfer? I only ask this question because I am so desperate to go and study at home and am completely heartbroken that they are not offering transfers. Any answers would be appreciated and if they are quick then that is even better as I need to decide whether to continue on being unhappy at my current university or take a year out!
    Unis don't have to offer transfers, so if they've said they don't then you can't transfer there. You would need to apply to start the degree again, and they may not give you an offer for that

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.