Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious but I do believe in "signs" I suppose and I have very good instincts that my friends joke are psychic

Do you think it's odd to have faith in random things?

For example I thought to myself "Out of this deck of cards the closer I pick to the ace of hearts (random card) the more likely it is to work out with a guy"

I shuffled the deck, picked a card and it was that card

I then researched what it meant because I was very bored and it meant "Love"

I know it's mad to have hope from something like that but sometimes in this slightly crazy world I think it's nice to have faith in something

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious
    Define religious.

ReputationRep:
    Believe in yourself.

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's odd to have faith in anything, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_am_the_mob)
    I'm not religious but I do believe in "signs" I suppose and I have very good instincts that my friends joke are psychic

Do you think it's odd to have faith in random things?

For example I thought to myself "Out of this deck of cards the closer I pick to the ace of hearts (random card) the more likely it is to work out with a guy"

I shuffled the deck, picked a card and it was that card

I then researched what it meant because I was very bored and it meant "Love"

I know it's mad to have hope from something like that but sometimes in this slightly crazy world I think it's nice to have faith in something
    uh....I think your having faith in the wrong thing. don't go into believing the cards. you won't win....yu gi oh!! though it seems all the normal to see something and think it could be a sign. I've never seen signs in cards and don't look for them. paterns could be mistakened as signs though and then your shot or something. but hey, like I said. just stay calm and enjoy the surprises in life....don't get too attatched to all that future stuff or else you might get stuck on it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that was just an example that I could actually remember (shows I don't actually pay attention). By I'm not religious I mean I don't have a faith e.g Christianity, Buddhism. Most of my faith is in people... clearly misplaced most of the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_am_the_mob)
    Yeah, that was just an example that I could actually remember (shows I don't actually pay attention). By I'm not religious I mean I don't have a faith e.g Christianity, Buddhism. Most of my faith is in people... clearly misplaced most of the time
    Faith is just believing in something you can not see or hear...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.