Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Doing BTEC after I did badly at AS levels

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I want to do computer science when I'm older.
    I did AS levels but I did badly in the examinations (UDDE) and I then decided to do a BTEC extended diploma.
    So far the the course has been going great for me, as I have acheived D* D* from putting in hours of work. I am targeted to getting D* D* D*. Will my chances of getting into university be affected as I did badly in my AS levels?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You'll be able to get in a decent uni providing your GCSE's are good and you get a top distinction. Only issue is the top 20 will want an A Level in maths, but I do believe some Extended Diploma courses have an equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceOfOrange)
    You'll be able to get in a decent uni providing your GCSE's are good and you get a top distinction. Only issue is the top 20 will want an A Level in maths, but I do believe some Extended Diploma courses have an equivalent.
    I have 5 A's and 4 B's. Aston university is number 9 in the guardian 2017 Computer Science ranking. Their requirements are DDD. I am projected to get D*D*D*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spratty)
    I have 5 A's and 4 B's. Aston university is number 9 in the guardian 2017 Computer Science ranking. Their requirements are DDD. I am projected to get D*D*D*
    You should be fine then

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine then
    Hopefully. I guess its just nerves talking

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully. I guess its just nerves talking
    Why do you want to go Aston? There are a lot better unis for BTEC applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Aston is number 9 in guardian comp sci ranking 2017

ReputationRep:
    Aston is number 9 in guardian comp sci ranking 2017
    You're fooled. Rankings mean nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing? :eek:
    Aston isn't a bad uni. It's just that you could go to better ones for your grades and I don't see why not. Unless you live in Aston or have some preference to it.

ReputationRep:
    I did AS levels but I did badly in the examinations (UDDE) and I then decided to do a BTEC extended diploma.
    So far the the course has been going great for me, as I have acheived D* D* from putting in hours of work. I am targeted to getting D* D* D*. Will my chances of getting into university be affected as I did badly in my AS levels?

Thanks
    JFC ur grades spell DUDE ffs.

Stop wasting oxygen, thanks in advance

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    no , my friend got D*D*D* IN computer science and is going to queen mary to study bsc in computer science.

ReputationRep:
    i bet ur doing btec too, u lot all gas eachother up lol stay dumb kid

:-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YshaHalgoke)
    i bet ur doing btec too, u lot all gas eachother up lol stay dumb kid

:-)

Did you make a new account just to troll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YshaHalgoke)
    JFC ur grades spell DUDE ffs.

Stop wasting oxygen, thanks in advance
    Saying empty threats over the internet is a waste of oxygen too. My Projected BTEC grades are good enough to get into a fair number of russell group unis you elitist c***

Poll
How are you feeling about your exams so far?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.