Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys

I am applying for Uni soon and have Aston University as my first choice. However, for my second choice i have Uni of Bham. Whilst applying for the A2B scheme it said i need to have Uni of Bham as my firm choice but i have this uni as my second option. Is it still possible for me to apply for A2B scheme and have a successful application even though this Uni may not be my firm choice??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_Afzal)
    Hey Guys

I am applying for Uni soon and have Aston University as my first choice. However, for my second choice i have Uni of Bham. Whilst applying for the A2B scheme it said i need to have Uni of Bham as my firm choice but i have this uni as my second option. Is it still possible for me to apply for A2B scheme and have a successful application even though this Uni may not be my firm choice??

Thanks
    Hey,

You have to put UoB as firm if you want to go ahead with the A2B scheme.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to both Birmingham University and Aston as well, and I intend to apply to the A2B scheme. Why does it matter whether you have Birmingham or Aston as your first choice? I'm putting Birmingham as my first (mostly because it is my first choice) but also because it allows me to do the A2B scheme. If you're successful in the scheme, great! You have an A2B offer for Birmingham. But you can still turn this offer down if you really want to and go to Aston if you get offered a place there, even though it was your second choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaL.AM)
    I'm applying to both Birmingham University and Aston as well, and I intend to apply to the A2B scheme. Why does it matter whether you have Birmingham or Aston as your first choice? I'm putting Birmingham as my first (mostly because it is my first choice) but also because it allows me to do the A2B scheme. If you're successful in the scheme, great! You have an A2B offer for Birmingham. But you can still turn this offer down if you really want to and go to Aston if you get offered a place there, even though it was your second choice.
    It matters because Aston is the uni with the exact course i want to do and Birmingham is the uni that does a similar but not the same course. I don't think you can reject your first offer and go for your second because I'm being told that you will get you firm place (first choice) and your insurance choice (second choice) will disappear so therefore you cannot go to your second choice. I don't know that's what I'm being told

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to have a preference when you apply. Apply to both; do the A2B scheme and decide later on which one to go to as the earliest you have to firm is May. Maybe you'll decide you actually prefer Birmingham but give both a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_Afzal)
    It matters because Aston is the uni with the exact course i want to do and Birmingham is the uni that does a similar but not the same course. I don't think you can reject your first offer and go for your second because I'm being told that you will get you firm place (first choice) and your insurance choice (second choice) will disappear so therefore you cannot go to your second choice. I don't know that's what I'm being told
    Is that just with the A2B or universities in general? I don't think that's a general thing but I've never been told about that by A2B representatives at the university or my college tutor who will be helping me apply. Maybe it's true and I just haven't read the small print, I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaL.AM)
    Is that just with the A2B or universities in general? I don't think that's a general thing but I've never been told about that by A2B representatives at the university or my college tutor who will be helping me apply. Maybe it's true and I just haven't read the small print, I'm not sure.
    That's with all universities in general, however, to actually receive the A2B scheme it says in the terms and conditions that you have to have UoB as your firm choice (first choice)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.