Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I would like to apply to medicine this year, however my UKCAT score is very low (less than 600).

Which universities place the least emphasis on the UKCAT and the BMAT?

(I have been trying to do some research, but I am getting nowhere. I would appreciate it if someone could give me a starting point.)

Thank you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Less than 600 and realistically you need to avoid all UKCAT unis.

Look at the uni websites and see which ones don't use the UKCAT. That's the way to get the official info. Would you base your decision on some secondary source? Id hope not.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by k_ruri)
    Hello,

I would like to apply to medicine this year, however my UKCAT score is very low (less than 600).

Which universities place the least emphasis on the UKCAT and the BMAT?

(I have been trying to do some research, but I am getting nowhere. I would appreciate it if someone could give me a starting point.)

Thank you.
    Hi there,

You can still do well in the BMAT! Just start revising now. The test isn't until the 2nd November, so you have plenty of time to get to grips with the syllabus, and applying your knowledge to problems.

As for low UKCAT unis, check out this free blog:

Which Med Schools to apply to with a low UKCAT score

Hopefully you find the above useful!

The Medic Portal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.