Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why is the UK Public full of misinformed idiots? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    First Brexit, now having Winston Churchill on the £5 note.
    Winston churchill was a racist, a man who chose to kill 3 Million people just becuase he had a negative opinion on them, year the British public still idolise him. Why? because he led the country during WW2?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...l-2118317.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29701767

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1472083711221.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  42.2 KB..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    idk
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry for being a big dumbo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism67575632)
    Name:  1472083711221.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  42.2 KB..
    I chose that title to see what kind ofresponses I would get. I'm not dissapointed

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be entertaining.

*grabs popcorn*

ReputationRep:
    You know, if you don't like those fivers, I'll happily take them off your hands...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spratty)
    First Brexit, now having Winston Churchill on the £5 note.
    Winston churchill was a racist, a man who chose to kill 3 Million people just becuase he had a negative opinion on them, year the British public still idolise him. Why? because he led the country during WW2?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...l-2118317.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29701767
    The British public do not idolise him. They recognise that without him, the UK would have been conquered by the Nazis - something that is clearly worth praising.

ReputationRep:
    I can assume the general public in most countries are idiots. You think the UK is bad... just look at the US.

Yeah he was a racist but... if you don't like the fivers send them here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This could've been a decent discussion on how the age of misinformation is here to stay despite our earnest hopes that came with the rise of the internet (being misinformed is certainly not unique to Britons) but then you shoehorned in a snide at a long dead legacy that has been debated to death.

gr8.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redplant)
    This could've been a decent discussion on how the age of misinformation is here to stay despite our earnest hopes that came with the rise of the internet (being misinformed is certainly not unique to Britons) but then you shoehorned in a snide at a long dead legacy that has been debated to death.

gr8.
    i think we're in an age of too much information. Too many opinions and not enough facts. It's always "views differ" style of reporting. Even on the Beeb they are hesitant to give facts. Instead more willing to get members pf the public to shout at each other. We live in an age where we hate any 'expert' opinion.

Also true if we are talking about health and fitness. The internet age has made people come to the false conclusion that staying healthy is difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.