Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I couldn't find the correct category for this so I just placed it here!

I've just recently moved to Newcastle for first year study. In my inductions I've started to learn there is less emphasise on some areas that i'd like, while Teesside Uni (which was my insurance choice) has more focus. I won't go into detail of all the reasons, because all I want to know is that is it possible to move into another Uni's course after starting? I know things haven't started properly, so I'm gonna leave it a few weeks before I actually make a decision but I wanted to find out in advance.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If you're already unhappy with your course then you should consider dropping out now and re-applying.

You certainly won't be able to transfer to another university until next year. Some universities accept transfer students, others don't. Ultimately it will depend on whether Teesside thinks the first year modules on your current degree are compatible with their own. Find the degree structures for Newcastle's and Teesside's degrees and see how similar they are. Contact Teesside asap and ask if they'd consider a transfer application.

There is a lot more information about the transfer process here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1781424

ReputationRep:
    Drop out and re-apply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.