The Student Room Group

Can I change university?

First of all, I couldn't find the correct category for this so I just placed it here!

I've just recently moved to Newcastle for first year study. In my inductions I've started to learn there is less emphasise on some areas that i'd like, while Teesside Uni (which was my insurance choice) has more focus. I won't go into detail of all the reasons, because all I want to know is that is it possible to move into another Uni's course after starting? I know things haven't started properly, so I'm gonna leave it a few weeks before I actually make a decision but I wanted to find out in advance.
If you're already unhappy with your course then you should consider dropping out now and re-applying.

You certainly won't be able to transfer to another university until next year. Some universities accept transfer students, others don't. Ultimately it will depend on whether Teesside thinks the first year modules on your current degree are compatible with their own. Find the degree structures for Newcastle's and Teesside's degrees and see how similar they are. Contact Teesside asap and ask if they'd consider a transfer application.

There is a lot more information about the transfer process here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
Drop out and re-apply

Quick Reply

Latest