Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EPQ Title - Primary Education?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting an EPQ this year and I want to base it on Primary Education and incorporate (possibly) either a feminist topic or literature; I want to have something I'm really passionate about to write because I'll be doing it for two years but I'm a bit stuck for topics and would really appreciate any help?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about a title, but you could always discuss how feminism should be taught in primary schools and how it should not be taught. Maybe comment on how it is taught today.

If you want to talk just about primary schools you could talk about how technology such as phones and the internet is being introduced to children at a much younger age than when it was introduced to us. Can't think of a question around that, just a general idea a lot has changed since we were in primary school.

ReputationRep:
    EPQs are normally done in a year and the deadline to complete them is normally the end of the Spring term as they have to be marked, moderated and submitted by early May. This means you may only be doing it for 2 terms.

You could do something about how primary schools can encourage girls to be confident in Maths and Science or roles than are not traditionally seen as female roles??

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an EPQ and I want to base it on primary education too. I literally don't know what to do specifically though?! Any ideas? Good luck with yours

ReputationRep:
    I'm in your shoes aswell, I want to teach primary school children, I think im going to use the title "can I make a story book teaching primary school internet safety" or "can I make a campaign to get children to eat healthier" ??? Have to make 3 objectives for each though, not sure what to do as objectives for these as theyre aretefacts

ReputationRep:
    Though very different, I did my EPQ debating whether the education system was indoctrinating children; I focused mostly on secondary school, but you can see that you can twist most things to make it about education.

Maybe you could do representations of education in literature? Or, as Westalla suggested, do it about teaching feminism or feminist issues in the classroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H987654)
    I'm in your shoes aswell, I want to teach primary school children, I think im going to use the title "can I make a story book teaching primary school internet safety" or "can I make a campaign to get children to eat healthier" ??? Have to make 3 objectives for each though, not sure what to do as objectives for these as theyre aretefacts
    Really sorry to be a grammar Nazi, but primary ed is really picky about grammar these days. It should be to eat more healthily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    Really sorry to be a grammar Nazi, but primary ed is really picky about grammar these days. It should be to eat more healthily.
    Do you have a life? You clearly need to get one if your hobby is going on thestudentroom.com and correcting grammar!!

Original post needed a tag saying "*any unhelpful, unwanted and pointless comments unwanted*"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.