Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can unsubscribed users find out the identity of anyone who gives them rep points if it isn't signed? Because I gave KOH some and he was able to tell. Just wondering... I'm sorry if this seems random, I'd work it out myself but for certain reasons that isn't possible :rolleyes:

If you don't know what the hell I'm on about, please don't worry about it :confused:

I do believe that you can ignore the user that you suspect and their rep shall vanish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electric Magic)
    Can unsubscribed users find out the identity of anyone who gives them rep points if it isn't signed? Because I gave KOH some and he was able to tell. Just wondering... I'm sorry if this seems random, I'd work it out myself but for certain reasons that isn't possible :rolleyes:

If you don't know what the hell I'm on about, please don't worry about it :confused:

nope, not unless they put their name on it.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point in that then? Surely that's an easy way to get rid of bad rep?

Just out of interest, how does rep work? I'm kind of new here. And how do you give someone rep?

(Original post by Airport Fairy)
    Just out of interest, how does rep work? I'm kind of new here. And how do you give someone rep?
    I advice (and i'm sure many others will advice now) that you read the FAQ, however i'm feeling a bit small right now and so explaining something might make me feel better so here it goes;

Rep is designed to reward/punish a good/bad post accordingly, if you like a post then you'll see that at the top of the post there is an icon that looks like some scales, click on that and a box will appear saying either "i approve" or "i disapprove" (it might be agree actually, but whatever...) obviously the approve/agree one is positive. There is also a comment section, where you explain why you gave them the rep if you wish, and if you want them to know it was from you then you write in your screename, so basically you sign it, however most people prefer not to sign neg rep (i wouldnt know what i do as i never give neg rep.) Gaining rep gets you points, and when you reach a certain number of points you'll aquire yourself a new gem, thats why some people have a logn row of gems, whilst others don't, they just haven't been repped as much yet.

Hope that helps, and don't use it as an excuse to not read the FAQ.

[QUOTE=tis_me_lord]I advice (and i'm sure many others will advice now) that you read the FAQ

^^^ I didn't read the FAQ because I didn't see it, which is because I don't see a lot of things which are right in front of my eyes. Sorry for the blondeness.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I thought the gems were to do with postcount. Guess I'm too used to the phpBB system. This site really needs a rolling-eyes smiley. I'll provide my own until then.

EDIT : Bah, img code doesn't work. Pwnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mighty)
    Ah, I thought the gems were to do with postcount. Guess I'm too used to the phpBB system. This site really needs a rolling-eyes smiley. I'll provide my own until then.

I'd like there to be more smileys...I love the freak one, a bit like o_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    What, like this one? :rolleyes:
    No, I want on where the eyes actually ROLL. That just looks like a guy staring at the stars thoughtfully (to me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I'd like there to be more smileys...I love the freak one, a bit like o_O
    I have some on msn, let me upload them ... O.o
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    ben...why u feeling small rite now?

ReputationRep:
    This one beats all though
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I just sent him a naked picture of myself.
    oo...explains a lot

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but the tooltip for it says "roll eyes (sarcastic)", what more could a man want?
    Eyes that roll? But I already said that so ... 1 large ice cream please.

ReputationRep:
    Tis true ... I'VE BEEN SCARRED!

Take it away

ReputationRep:
    Get cushy with a mod then pm them.

LOL! I have a big monkey i'll have you know, look at him bounce merrily.

(Original post by kokopops)
    ben...why u feeling small rite now?
    I just haven't been around long enough to properly be in the 'community' with everybody, but it'll soon pass when i've been around a bit longer so no problemo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    LOL! I have a big monkey i'll have you know, look at him bounce merrily.
    Why is he bouncing?

(Original post by Mighty)
    Why is he bouncing?
    Something excited him, it must have been Piggys naked picture.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.