The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I ordered a prospectus for literally every uni in England that offers my course because I really didn't have a clue. I used the Aim Higher website where you can get them all at once without having to use each individual uni's website. But then I went to a UCAS convention with my school, so I really shouldn't have bothered ordering them online because I could have got them there, although I guess it did save me lugging them around all day and gave me more room for freebies. We had a competition going to see who could get the most freebies :p: I can't remember how long they all took to arrive, but with the on and off post strikes at the moment, it's bound to be slower than normal. It certainly doesn't mean a uni is efficient (or not, as the case may be).
Dionysus
:frown:

But you know you love those conventions! :biggrin: You get crushed like a sardine, pick up a ridiculous amount of prospectuses, get them home and realise that you would never go to 90% of them :biggrin:

Lol yeah, I got the prospectuses for Oxford and Cambridge for some reason. I also got two Manchester ones (that were heavy buggars), two Nottingham ones and I picked one up for Sheff, but I already nicked one of those from the actual uni so I didn't need another.:rolleyes:
Reply 22
Dionysus
:frown:

;console; I don't blame you really!
Dionysus
But you know you love those conventions! :biggrin: You get crushed like a sardine, pick up a ridiculous amount of prospectuses, get them home and realise that you would never go to 90% of them :biggrin:

So true... I did feel guilty having nearly 40 prospectuses in the end, and for some reason I've still got them... but I promise I will recycle all of them!

And OP, I forgot about the postal strikes. That might be the reason for some of the delays.

kellywood_5: I got about two pens and that's it. :frown:
Reply 23
Oo I used to love sending off for prospectuses, it was so exciting to get them in the post! OK, maybe I'm a bit sad...ahem...whatever, I love getting post!

Latest