The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1
ruth1893
At the risk of sounding superficial, I've just got my IB results and have a place at LSE. My insurance choice is Nottingham. My problem is this- it's to do with 'image'. LSE seems to be full of hard-working intellectuals. Nottingham seems like it's more fun... Is it possible to go to LSE and have a life?

The image isn't accurate. A large proportion of its students are hard-working, however, there are plenty of party going types, so you needn't worry about that. An even smaller proportion are students that can be described as 'intellectual' in any meaningful sense. I think the sterotype mostly refers to the graduate students at the LSE, rather than the undergrads. I wouldn't worry at all, as with any other university, out of the several thousand students there is a good deal of divesity within, and it's simply a matter of finding like-minded people. There will be plenty of opportunities to do just that through the various clubs and socieities there.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hey

Although I am on a Gap Year, I made exactly the same choice you are making now, but a few months ago. I had unconditionals from both Notts and LSE, and I knew that if I went to Notts I'd have the time of my life, and wasn't so sure about LSE. HOWEVER....having spent a hell of a lot of time in London and a bit at LSE, I realised that outside academic world, LSE is an awesome place as. Plus the fact that if you go to LSE, chances are, as long as you do what you have to do, when you have to do it, your gonna have better employment opportunities that from Notts.

Anyway....im off there in a coupla months, so all the best with your choices!

Latest

Trending

Trending