The Student Room Group

I'm so confused about A-Levels in general

So I know how everything has changed but I don't get it. Our English teacher told us there weren't exams until the 2nd year but then our French teacher had given us dates of our exams that are in the first year. So do we have actual exams in the first year or not?
you will still have exams in the first year but they're just exams set by the school not the exam board, I think they're used for your ucas application and to get predicted grades based off them, plus they will need to see how much progress people have made

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by bubblegumcat
you will still have exams in the first year but they're just exams set by the school not the exam board, I think they're used for your ucas application and to get predicted grades based off them, plus they will need to see how much progress people have made

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that but then our French teacher said that he gets an examiner in for our speaking and has a certain deadline and everything. I'm just so confused!
Original post by pingu58011
I thought that but then our French teacher said that he gets an examiner in for our speaking and has a certain deadline and everything. I'm just so confused!

they're probably trying to make it similar to the real exams, unless I'm wrong and the French a level won't be changing spec just yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by bubblegumcat
they're probably trying to make it similar to the real exams, unless I'm wrong and the French a level won't be changing spec just yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never been so confused in my life 😬 I keep getting told different things!
So I know how everything has changed but I don't get it. Our English teacher told us there weren't exams until the 2nd year but then our French teacher had given us dates of our exams that are in the first year. So do we have actual exams in the first year or not?

Have you checked whether your french A levels been reformed yet? bc not all of them have been
Never been so confused in my life 😬 I keep getting told different things!

check with your teacher, but I think French has reformed so they're probably just exams set by your school

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest