Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone recommend a mystery/thriller K-drama? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I recently got into Korean dramas and the first one I watched was Boys Over Flowers which I had heard good things about. It was ok, but I don't think I'd watch it again. I'm currently watching another drama, but I was wondering, does anyone know any mystery/thriller or even action K-dramas?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about mystery/thriller but if you haven't checked it out then definitely try Descendants of the Sun! It was the most amazing k-drama I have ever seen, honestly I loved it, though it may make you cry in places! There's also plenty of action as though it is a romance it's mostly about military/medical war situations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EXO235)
    I don't know about mystery/thriller but if you haven't checked it out then definitely try Descendants of the Sun! It was the most amazing k-drama I have ever seen, honestly I loved it, though it may make you cry in places! There's also plenty of action as though it is a romance it's mostly about military/medical war situations
    Thanks for the suggestion! I've heard lots of good things about that drama so I'll definitely check it out!
    Also, by your username I take it you're an EXO fan? They're one of my favourite bands!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatCatsby5)
    Thanks for the suggestion! I've heard lots of good things about that drama so I'll definitely check it out!
    Also, by your username I take it you're an EXO fan? They're one of my favourite bands!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! And yeah, Exo are my favourite group! My other favourites are Monsta X, BTS and Got7, probably in that order ^_^ Another thing about Descendants of the Sun is that Chen did a version of the OST for it, so at times when you're watching it you get to hear Chen too Who is your Exo bias? Mine is Kyungsoo ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EXO235)
    Awesome! And yeah, Exo are my favourite group! My other favourites are Monsta X, BTS and Got7, probably in that order ^_^ Another thing about Descendants of the Sun is that Chen did a version of the OST for it, so at times when you're watching it you get to hear Chen too Who is your Exo bias? Mine is Kyungsoo ^_^
    Yes I love BTS also and SHINee too, because they got me into kpop! I like Got7 also, but I don't think I've heard enough of their songs. I haven't listened to MonstaX yet, but I know Shownu is participating in a dance show, Hit the Stage. Ah that's nice, Chen's voice is amazing!
    I have 2 EXO biases! Kyungsoo is one of them and Yixing is the other. Who's your BTS bias? Mine is Jimin

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's exactly a thriller (even though Viki labels it as such) but Cheese in the Trap was pretty good and not the stereotypical K-drama. Good choice of Exo bias btw... <3 Yixing... Have you seen 'Go Fighting'? With Yixing as your bias...you really should!

Yixing is also in a Chinese drama with Sun Honglei called 'To Be a Better Man'- just started watching it and so far so good...although Yixing has yet to make an appearance and I'm getting impatient...>.>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellipses)
    I wouldn't say it's exactly a thriller (even though Viki labels it as such) but Cheese in the Trap was pretty good and not the stereotypical K-drama. Good choice of Exo bias btw... <3 Yixing... Have you seen 'Go Fighting'? With Yixing as your bias...you really should!

Yixing is also in a Chinese drama with Sun Honglei called 'To Be a Better Man'- just started watching it and so far so good...although Yixing has yet to make an appearance and I'm getting impatient...>.>
    Thanks, I've also heard of Cheese in the Trap so will definitely check that out too! haha I take it Yixing is also your Exo bias too? Ah no I haven't seen Go Fighting; but since Yixing is in it I'm going to watch it! I've heard he's been in some dramas and movies but I never got round to finding out which ones, so thanks for telling me about To be a Better Man will look that one up too today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I've also heard of Cheese in the Trap so will definitely check that out too! haha I take it Yixing is also your Exo bias too? Ah no I haven't seen Go Fighting; but since Yixing is in it I'm going to watch it! I've heard he's been in some dramas and movies but I never got round to finding out which ones, so thanks for telling me about To be a Better Man will look that one up too today

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is Yixing my bias?

maaaaaaybe...

Definitely watch Go Fighting...it's really funny and there are 2 seasons. There are over 40 episodes of TBABM, so it's been a bit slow-moving thus far...i.e. still no Yixing...

If you don't mind watching an Yixingless and rather classic Kdrama, 'She was pretty' is one of my favourites...

ReputationRep:
    Is Yixing my bias?

maaaaaaybe...

Definitely watch Go Fighting...it's really funny and there are 2 seasons. There are over 40 episodes of TBABM, so it's been a bit slow-moving thus far...i.e. still no Yixing...

If you don't mind watching an Yixingless and rather classic Kdrama, 'She was pretty' is one of my favourites...
    I saw the first episode of Go Fighting and it was so good, thanks for recommend it! The whole cast is hilarious and Yixing is just too cute
    My friend told me about She Was Pretty but I forgot about it until you reminded me! It has Siwon from Super Junior right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I saw the first episode of Go Fighting and it was so good, thanks for recommend it! The whole cast is hilarious and Yixing is just too cute
    My friend told me about She Was Pretty but I forgot about it until you reminded me! It has Siwon from Super Junior right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad you enjoyed it! Totally agree...cast is adorable and the challenges are great...second episode is hilarious .

Yes...yes it does. He's really good in it :P

ReputationRep:
    Glad you enjoyed it! Totally agree...cast is adorable and the challenges are great...second episode is hilarious .

Yes...yes it does. He's really good in it :P
    I'm about to watch the second episode now and thanks, I'll add She Was Pretty to my watch list!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to watch the second episode now and thanks, I'll add She Was Pretty to my watch list!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Enjoy!

Oh...and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRf0EbaB7A4

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and thanks for the link! I've seen an episode of Happy Camp before when Exo came on it but there wasn't enough Yixing I'm definitely going to watch this later though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and thanks for the link! I've seen an episode of Happy Camp before when Exo came on it but there wasn't enough Yixing I'm definitely going to watch this later though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh, I saw that episode but this is Yixing promoting for one of his Chinese dramas, so plenty of Yixing...the little dance number at the beginning is adorbs dorbs...

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I saw that episode but this is Yixing promoting for one of his Chinese dramas, so plenty of Yixing...the little dance number at the beginning is adorbs dorbs...
    Yaaay thanks, I look forward to watching it since there's lots of Yixing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.