Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brexiters what do you think of the recent surge in hate crime? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Are you willing to accept it as proof that a lot of your friends are kind of racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Are you willing to accept it as proof that a lot of your friends are kind of racist?
    I can see that but most people I know who wanted to leave to stick it to the government and I left for those gold gains (£35,000 in total)

ReputationRep:
    The vote was over ages ago, mate. Time to get over it perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Do you honestly expect some of the 'Brexiters' to come on this thread and say "Yep, I love the recent rise in hate crime. Great stuff. Exactly what I desired when I voted to leave the EU"? If not, what do you hope to achieve with this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Increase in hate crimes reported, no increase in prosecutions though. Also much of the stuff being reported on the news has turned out to be because of other reasons altogether and nothing to do with Brexit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i dont think theres been a significant hate crime just crime which wasn't declared as hate crime but was bound to happen.

Eg violent people being violent and not specifically going after people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    2/10. You're putting in less effort these days, pick it up mate.

ReputationRep:
    I am a remainer and this smear is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    My kebabs could use some of your salt mate...

ReputationRep:
    a lot of asians and blacks voted to Leave too

ReputationRep:
    cause and correlation bruh. Look it up

ReputationRep:
    I feel personally responsible for any increase in hate crime that you have posted excellent sources for.

do you know what constitutes a hate crime? if the person on the recieving end of the crime believes it is a hate crime.
    so while i have no doubt there may have been a increase, 'surge' perhaps not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.