Different exam boards for AS and A2; how do I enter this?

Watch
Ruineth
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there.I am in a bit of a pickle about my UCAS form.

I changed schools after year 12 and for my biology AS I did AQA exams. But then in year 13 I changed exam board to OCR. I transferred my UMS to OCR from AQA, and sat my A2 exams for OCR.
So how the heck do I input this into UCAS???

I have done the GCE Advanced Subsidiary for Biology as AQA exams.
But for the GCE Advanced Level, I suppose I set my exams board to OCR... But since I have to enter all 6 of my modules, do I enter all the OCR names + modules (I never sat AS OCR exams), or half AQA modules and half OCR modules (with overall exam board as OCR).
(Sorry for this being so confusing)

Would be great to get some help before I check with my school.
Thanks!
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ruineth)
Hi there.I am in a bit of a pickle about my UCAS form.

I changed schools after year 12 and for my biology AS I did AQA exams. But then in year 13 I changed exam board to OCR. I transferred my UMS to OCR from AQA, and sat my A2 exams for OCR.
So how the heck do I input this into UCAS???

I have done the GCE Advanced Subsidiary for Biology as AQA exams.
But for the GCE Advanced Level, I suppose I set my exams board to OCR... But since I have to enter all 6 of my modules, do I enter all the OCR names + modules (I never sat AS OCR exams), or half AQA modules and half OCR modules (with overall exam board as OCR).
(Sorry for this being so confusing)

Would be great to get some help before I check with my school.
Thanks!
Enter the module titles that you did, which will be half AQA and half OCR. Then ask your referee to include a short sentence in the reference explaining that you changed exam boards when you changed school.
Ruineth
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Enter the module titles that you did, which will be half AQA and half OCR. Then ask your referee to include a short sentence in the reference explaining that you changed exam boards when you changed school.
Okay that would make sense.
Thank you so much for replying!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (117)
34.31%
Yes - a trusted person (92)
26.98%
No (90)
26.39%
I'm not sure (42)
12.32%

Watched Threads