Wxrdaa_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can I go to a RUSSELL group uni with btec applied science and if so which uni please !! THANK U
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wxrdaa_)
Can I go to a RUSSELL group uni with btec applied science and if so which uni please !! THANK U
Probably, but they all have different requirements so you will have to research each uni and each course individually.
SimonGregor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can as long as you are doing two alevels alongside it.
swansea jack 1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The BTEC extended diploma is accepted on its own for most universities. Depending on the course sometimes a specific A level eg Mathematics will be required with it but generally it is accepted on its own as the equivalent of 3 A levels. As stated previously you need to check each university as there are a very small number who do not accept it.

Here is an example for Psychology in Exeter

University of Exeter will make offers when the following qualifications are combined with othersBTEC level 3 Extended Diploma (QCF) (Suite known as nationals)General information on subjects/grades required for entryistinction, Distinction, Distinction - Distinction, Distinction, MeritInformation:A level grade B in a science subject. Applicants studying one of the following BTEC Extended Diplomas will be considered without GCE AL requirement, Sport and Exercise Science; Sport Science, Applied Science; Pharmaceutical Science Applicants offering one of the above BTEC Extended Diplomas in lieu of the GCE A’ Level Science will also be required to have a grade C in GCSE English Languages, Mathematics and Science.
swansea jack 1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
here is another example for biological sciences at Cardiff

Cardiff University will make offers based on the following qualifications individually and when they are combined with othersBTEC National Diploma (18 Units) (not including early years)General information on subjects/grades required for entry:Must contain appropriate basic science unitsRequired grades:Grade Distinction and grade Distinction and grade Distinction.
xsarahmonica
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Of course you can!
I got into Uni of Nottingham with a BTEC in Public Services
All universities with the exception of Oxford and Cambridge accept BTECs aslong as you get DDD or above
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.28%
I'm not sure (13)
3.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (127)
34.05%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.61%
I'm not a current university student (170)
45.58%

Watched Threads