The Student Room Group

People who use instagram follower apps..

Why are you obsessed with your follower number?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because people seek self validation. (Not all people btw, just the sheep)
Original post by GUMI

I know you're trying to be all cool, but "self-validation" means literally the opposite of what you are trying to say.
Reply 3
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I know you're trying to be all cool, but "self-validation" means literally the opposite of what you are trying to say.

Gee, thanks for making a statement without providing any rationale. Are you just going to leave your statement at that, or actually elaborate on your reason why you think I'm wrong?
Original post by GUMI
Gee, thanks for making a statement without providing any rationale. Are you just going to leave your statement at that, or actually elaborate on your reason why you think I'm wrong?

It would have been quicker to just google the term "self-validation" but in a nutshell it means needing no external validation (e.g from followers on social media).
Reply 5
I don't have Instagram. :dontknow:
Reply 6

Lol yh I don't get how shes saying the opposite of what it means??:dontknow:
Reply 7
Original post by Saba XD

Lol why, thats where all the hip cats are at :mmm:
Reply 8
It would have been quicker to just google the term "self-validation" but in a nutshell it means needing no external validation (e.g from followers on social media).

oh yh i guess she means just validation
Original post by Saba XD

The best decision you will ever make is to never get it.
Original post by hateme
Lol why, thatss where all the hip cats are at :mmm:

Nah... Not into it. Not my thing. :h:
Reply 11

I mean social validation, sorry.
Reply 12
Original post by Pinkberry_y

Lol whats wrong with instagram?
It's a great place to keep your photos and see other peoples too!

Totally. :yep:
Original post by GUMI
I mean social validation, sorry.

That's quite alright.
Original post by hateme
Lol whats wrong with instagram?
It's a great place to keep your photos and see other peoples too!

Except the majority of instagram is filled up with hipsters, wannabe hipsters and people dead set on trying to convince the world their life is amazing
Reply 16
Original post by GUMI

Didnt realise u were a guy sorry :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by hateme
Didnt realise u were a guy sorry :tongue:

Lol it's fine. I'm happy you weren't very hostile in your reply, usually people get really angry over these things. Sorry about the mistake :tongue:
Reply 18
Except the majority of instagram is filled up with hipsters, wannabe hipsters and people dead set on trying to convince the world their life is amazing

Lol yh alot of people try to paint their life as amazing but hey its their life, if you're smart enough to see past it instagram is fun
I laugh at majority of the posts on instagram rather than be jealous like some kids who are obsessed with pulling the perfect selfies to impress creeps(me being one of the creeps:tongue:)
Reply 19
Original post by GUMI
Lol it's fine. I'm happy you weren't very hostile in your reply, usually people get really angry over these things. Sorry about the mistake :tongue:

Lol wrong person mate :tongue:
Its the other girl who replied to u

Quick Reply