Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last year I took OCR AS Economics and I got an A. I enjoyed it. This year my Sixth Form isn't offering it as an A2. I do still want to do it, however. As solutions, I've thought of self-studying or perhaps hiring a private tutor – although I think they're expensive. I'd appreciate some thoughts or advice on this.

ReputationRep:
    definitely dont get a private tutor as those are not worth it in a subject of economics
    Definitely take it if you got an a as that shows you enjoy it
    self studying economics isn't too hard as its just reading and understanding the syllabus
    (Original post by jl237)
    Last year I took OCR AS Economics and I got an A. I enjoyed it. This year my Sixth Form isn't offering it as an A2. I do still want to do it, however. As solutions, I've thought of self-studying or perhaps hiring a private tutor – although I think they're expensive. I'd appreciate some thoughts or advice on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    definitely dont get a private tutor as those are not worth it in a subject of economics
    Definitely take it if you got an a as that shows you enjoy it
    self studying economics isn't too hard as its just reading and understanding the syllabus
    Do you have the experience of self-studying Economics? Or is it just a hunch of yours that it "isn't too hard"?

I self-taught AS Further Mathematics last year because it didn't fit in my timetable. That was a success (I got an A), but maths is clearly different to an essay/writing based subject such as Economics.

Does anyone actually have any experience in self-studying A2 Economics, or similar?

ReputationRep:
    self taught as economics if that helps. Although i did go to class as it was on my timetable
    (Original post by jl237)
    Do you have the experience of self-studying Economics? Or is it just a hunch of yours that it "isn't too hard"?

I self-taught AS Further Mathematics last year because it didn't fit in my timetable. That was a success (I got an A), but maths is clearly different to an essay/writing based subject such as Economics.

Does anyone actually have any experience in self-studying A2 Economics, or similar?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.