Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I am 17 yo who looks a few years older. I'd like to book a room at Travelodge but I see theres minimum age of 18. Are they strict on this? If I book in advanced can I just pick up a key from reception without hassle? Do they see your age from the card used for the booking?

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by kevinabarber)
    Hi all,

I am 17 yo who looks a few years older. I'd like to book a room at Travelodge but I see theres minimum age of 18. Are they strict on this? If I book in advanced can I just pick up a key from reception without hassle? Do they see your age from the card used for the booking?

Thanks
    I've stayed in a travelodge as a group of 3 when we were 17 and it wasnt an issue. If you are concerned though, you could book a yha room as they're happy with 16+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I've stayed in a travelodge as a group of 3 when we were 17 and it wasnt an issue. If you are concerned though, you could book a yha room as they're happy with 16+
    Cheers for your reply. What year what did yiu stay at the travelodge?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by kevinabarber)
    Cheers for your reply. What year what did yiu stay at the travelodge?
    I was 17 in 2012.

ReputationRep:
    I've stayed at a travel lodge before and there was about 9 of us but we made sure we had an 18 y/o in each room just in case. It wasn't too much of an issue anyway. What I'd suggest is looking into premier inns as their age is 16+
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    There used to be a 16+ limit, but a couple of years ago they bumped it up to 18+. I know people who have gotten away with it, so I don't think they check the age from the card. If you look old enough, I don't think there should be any problems. Definitely look into Premier Inn though as they have different policies

ReputationRep:
    Did you end up staying? if so was there any hassle as i've just booked to stay with travelodge and am in the same position as you were in

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.