Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have messed up in my 2nd year exams due to family and medications issues.

I passed 3 modules and failed 3 (20 credits each)

I had retakes but couldn't attend due to complications so i lost my chance at that. My option at the university is to re- take the 3 modules again for a whole year and then go to 3rd year and i cannot afford to do that.

Is there any institutions that would let me go transfer and go through to 3rd year with these credits even if i have to have more modules to cover it in 3rd year? I'v got a total of 180 credits from year 1 and 2

Is there a chance that i do not repeat yr 2?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No university will let you transfer into the third year if you haven't first completed 240 credits, and even then, third year transfers are very rare. Have you considered transferring your credits into the Open University and finishing your degree with them? See here: http://www.open.ac.uk/study/credit-transfer/
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Gee22)
    Hi,
    I have messed up in my 2nd year exams due to family and medications issues.

I passed 3 modules and failed 3 (20 credits each)

I had retakes but couldn't attend due to complications so i lost my chance at that. My option at the university is to re- take the 3 modules again for a whole year and then go to 3rd year and i cannot afford to do that.

Is there any institutions that would let me go transfer and go through to 3rd year with these credits even if i have to have more modules to cover it in 3rd year? I'v got a total of 180 credits from year 1 and 2

Is there a chance that i do not repeat yr 2?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why can't you "afford" to retake the year? You will get SFE funding for the extra year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.