Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else finding wasps a massive pest at the moment? There are SO many and it seems like they are everywhere.
    I can't wait until they go into hibernation.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Hate them but spiders are worse. Wasps will go away for the winter, but spiders won't..

ReputationRep:
    yes, 100s at school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    Is anyone else finding wasps a massive pest at the moment? There are SO many and it seems like they are everywhere.
    I can't wait until they go into hibernation.
    Yes, definitely! My friends and I went out for a picknick lunch and we were practically swarmed by them! We've also seen wasps all over the school site: we counted seven buzzing around a tree on-site! And it seems that every few lessons a wasp just flies into our classroom!

It's horrible!

ReputationRep:
    ive seen like ... two wasps this summer lmaoo

my problem rn is cRANEFLIES
    SO MANY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Hate them but spiders are worse. Wasps will go away for the winter, but spiders won't..
    True, I hate both but wasps are marginally worse because as soon as they enter an indoors area, they head straight towards humans and hover around us, buzz down our ears and then have the audacity to get angry at US if we try to bat them away.
    Spiders are just creepy and terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    I intensely dislike wasps and have a phobia of them. Evil little *******s. There are quite a few of them at my school at the moment. One came into my room the other day while I was at school. I found the wasp when I got back from school, legged it and didn't return to my room until after supper.

(Original post by Inexorably)
    ive seen like ... two wasps this summer lmaoo

my problem rn is cRANEFLIES
    SO MANY
    There have been many craneflies at my school. A lot of them seem to favour the toilets.

ReputationRep:
    At least wasps generally find their own way out. Spiders, on the other hand, are plentiful but never leave by themselves - and I hate spiders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Daddy long legs are a plague this summer. spiders are an all year round kind of insect. Bees and wasps are annoying too,but only during summer months
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Wasps are evil. I'd take 10 spiders over a wasp any day, spiders don't sting you when they get mad and most importantly, they eat other insects. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't seen a wasp in ages. Hardly any round these parts
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by UWS)
    Spiders eat wasps.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I am triggered at the mention of their name, i effing hate them so much they are worse than spiders the lil sh*ts don't do anything and are just like 'buzz buzz ima sting you mother f*cker!!!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Haven't seen a wasp in ages. Hardly any round these parts
    Which parts? I want to move there until winter starts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    Which parts? I want to move there until winter starts
    That'd be telling :ninja:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.