The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Bliar?

Is Tony Blair a liar?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What, in particular, do you believe he lied about?
Reply 2
moncal

Iraq's weaponry is the main thing he apparantly lied about.
i think he'd have to be a good liar to be a politician, cynical but true
Reply 4
BloodyValentine
i think he'd have to be a good liar to be a politician, cynical but true

I think liars a bit strong.......he just selected the information which supported his case :cool:
moncal

If we were to get very pedantic over this we could say he didnt lie, he merely 'misled'. A better wording of the question would have been to ask if he was dishonest.
Cool Lad
I think liars a bit strong.......he just selected the information which supported his case :cool:

i wasn't talking about iraq i was being more general, maybe in the words of whatever that guy was called he is merely "economical with the truth"
Reply 7
Cool Lad

Economical with the truth?
jonathan aitken that's the one
Reply 9
If he did mislead the country over the WMD were we still right to go to war?
Lord Huntroyde
Economical with the truth?

great minds think alike :biggrin:
Reply 11
Cool Lad

I think so, but it should have been presented as a war to remove Saddam Hussein rather than as a war to remove a threat to this country.
Cool Lad

The outcome of the war was just in ideal, though we have yet to see if it will be just in result - its just a shame they felt the need to create an unsupportable lie to 'validate' it.
Reply 13
Lord Huntroyde
I think so, but it should have been presented as a war to remove Saddam Hussein rather than as a war to remove a threat to this country.

North Korea is more of a threat than Iraq ever was, with all the fuss some people have kicked up over Iraq there less likely to move against North Korea!
Lord Huntroyde

Exactly so, the only problem with this is international law and the fact that doing so would have resulted in cries of imperialism etc etc 'what right do we have to interfere in other countries' and the like, though considering that we went against popular local and international opinion anyway and have exactly the same accusations and questions facing us i dont see how much of a difference it would have made.
Cool Lad
North Korea is more of a threat than Iraq ever was, with all the fuss some people have kicked up over Iraq there less likely to move against North Korea!

Iraqs military was totally impotent after the first Gulf War, North Koreas is fully active and a war against it would have been lengthier and far costlier in terms of money and lives.
Reply 16
an Siarach
Exactly so, the only problem with this is international law and the fact that doing so would have resulted in cries of imperialism etc etc 'what right do we have to interfere in other countries' and the like, though considering that we went against popular local and international opinion anyway and have exactly the same accusations and questions facing us i dont see how much of a difference it would have made.

so do u support the war?
Reply 17
Cool Lad

Yeah but North Korea would have been a difficult war :biggrin:

You make a good point, though I supported the removal of Saddam Hussein the military resources used in Iraq could have been used better elsewhere such as North Korea.
Reply 18
an Siarach
Iraqs military was totally impotent after the first Gulf War, North Koreas is fully active and a war against it would have been lengthier and far costlier in terms of money and lives.

But is a far greater threat!
an Siarach

and they don't have any oil

Latest

Trending

Trending