Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    :rolleyes:
    not in the way north korea does......i know the americans are a bit gung-ho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Lad)
    there not seen as a such a threat as north korea
    China probably is - we don't want to upset them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    They don't think so.

It's a matter of perspective - why would your average Iraqi think that America and Britian were anything other than invaders?
    i thought they viewed them as liberators?

ReputationRep:
    there not seen as a such a threat as north korea
    No, theyre seen as a greater threat than North Korea - the difference being China is too big to bully.

ReputationRep:
    China probably is - we don't want to upset them!
    yes because they might but up slightly more of a fight than iraq

ReputationRep:
    China is the greatest threat to world peace, not immediately but i expect a 'cold' war at the very least within our lifetimes.
    Yep - American attitudes to Communism haven't changed and China are the next superpower. Two superpowers with different ideaologies - we've had that one before.

ReputationRep:
    China is the greatest threat to world peace, not immediately but i expect a 'cold' war at the very least within our lifetimes.
    yeah, but north korea does now

ReputationRep:
    i thought they viewed them as liberators?
    To some, but not all, and they are seen as invaders to other Middle Eastern countries looking into Iraq - remember Iraq under Hussien was a very liberal country with many political freedoms for the people he liked.

ReputationRep:
    not in the way north korea does......i know the americans are a bit gung-ho
    The only nation at any type of risk from N.Korea is the South, and they only have to put up with a bit of scowling from across the border. The U.S (note, im bearing in mind that we go hand in hand with them and that the wars, while based on lies, are at least partly intended for good) is a greater direct and indirect cause of war than any other nation.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but north korea does now
    No, it does not.

ReputationRep:
    remember Iraq under Hussien was a very liberal country with many political freedoms for the people he liked.
    I dont think i was very liberal!!!!!! Those he liked??......what his 2 sons?????? that like less than 1% of the population!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    yes because they might but up slightly more of a fight than iraq
    It would be a great struggle - according to the CIA China has a possible miltary force (men aged 15-49, fit for service) of 208,143,352 compared to America's 73,597,731.

ReputationRep:
    No, it does not.
    nuclear capabilities......no threat??

ReputationRep:
    No, it does not.
    i really don't see how north korea poses a threat either unless you've been watching die another day..

ReputationRep:
    It would be a great struggle - according to the CIA China has a possible miltary force (men aged 15-49, fit for service) of 208,143,352 compared to America's 73,597,731.
    technological difference?? - slightly in USA's favour?? - not that i support war v's china!

ReputationRep:
    Yep - American attitudes to Communism haven't changed and China are the next superpower. Two superpowers with different ideaologies - we've had that one before.
    Even if you disregard the anti communist attitudes of the Americans you would have to consider China a threat. Without bearing communism in mind its natural for a nation to want to thrive and achieve power, combine that with a nation which suffered for centuries from humiliations by colonial European powers and the US as well as its neighbour Japan and then consider the belligerent communist regime and its a very real threat. Now consider that fact that 1 in 5 of the worlds population is Chinese and you realise that no nation in history has been in a better position to achieve world domination.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think i was very liberal!!!!!! Those he liked??......what his 2 sons?????? that like less than 1% of the population!!!!!!!
    It was liberal - he allowed shops, advertising from Western countries, grand hotels - he modelled Iraq on the West.

Those he liked were those who belonged to his division of the faith.

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell would they attack us, theyd be annihilated and would achieve nothing even if they survived. Its a totally ridiculous concept.

ReputationRep:
    no because the US has far more nuclear capabilities than anywhere else in the world

ReputationRep:
    technological difference?? - slightly in USA's favour?? - not that i support war v's china!
    The technological difference is well on the way to being overcome, and will not exist within a decade or two.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.