Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Bush is a fool, but i feel this war of terror and the friction with Islamic states will be looked upon as comparitively minor when considered by historians, the major conflict is yet to come i feel.
    let's hope not.... wish i could buy an island, watch the world tear itself to pieces as it runs out of oil and sea levels rise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    I'm also disgusted at the way that so many american companies are getting the contracts to rebuild iraq
    y?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Lad)
    what major conflict?
    The potential one which weve been discussing for the previous 2-3 pages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Halliburton's a favourite - **** Cheney used to be a board-member - even chairman?
    There is a US company which supplies fertilisers/grain which i think has a large number of members of the US governments past and present on its board, can't remember the name i'll get back to you

ReputationRep:
    let's hope not.... wish i could buy an island, watch the world tear itself to pieces as it runs out of oil and sea levels rise
    surely on an island u would be at threat from rise in sea level..........and mr bush tells us global warming doesnt happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    The potential one which weve been discussing for the previous 2-3 pages...
    not in our lifetime

ReputationRep:
    y?
    because i think that middle eastern companies should be given first choice on whether or not they want the contract or if they can manage it i don't see why the war should line the pockets of those who started it

ReputationRep:
    not in our lifetime
    So we would hope, it most likely will be though.

ReputationRep:
    because i think that middle eastern companies should be given first choice on whether or not they want the contract or if they can manage it i don't see why the war should line the pockets of those who started it
    disagree

ReputationRep:
    This would also reduce the antagonism caused by having foreigners/infidels running around the country taking their resources. Its easy enough for the oil contracts to be put forward as simple looting by the extremists.

ReputationRep:
    surely on an island u would be at threat from rise in sea level..........and mr bush tells us global warming doesnt happen
    Bush is full of s*** he is forced to continue saying this because of the companies that support him do not wish it to happen whereas countless studies have proved otherwise. Furthermore this is a positive feedback loop meaning that as the temperature rises due to global warming the soil, rocks etc... release more carbon dioxide accelerating the process

ReputationRep:
    disagree
    any reasons?

ReputationRep:
    Bush is full of s*** he is forced to continue saying this because of the companies that support him do not wish it to happen whereas countless studies have proved otherwise. Furthermore this is a positive feedback loop meaning that as the temperature rises due to global warming the soil, rocks etc... release more carbon dioxide accelerating the process
    i know what positive feedback is thanks.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day theres money to be made in denying the existence or possibility of global warming, theres no profit in accepting its existence.

ReputationRep:
    i know what positive feedback is thanks.
    just explaining to the wider public no need to get touchy

ReputationRep:
    any reasons?
    it doesnt matter who gets the contracts, if the yanks can do it best, let them

ReputationRep:
    It does matter, for reasons why see previous posts.

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you're going to liberate a country a good way to get it back on its feet would be to give as many internal contracts as possible?

ReputationRep:
    You're asking us whether we think that a politician who tried to screw the nation into thinking killing 10, 000 people is justified, is a liar?

Hilarious thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Surely if you're going to liberate a country a good way to get it back on its feet would be to give as many internal contracts as possible?
    mmm......good point!....i'm converted!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.