Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bliar? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Lad)
    it doesnt matter who gets the contracts, if the yanks can do it best, let them
    it does matter if iraqi's get the contracts they make money they are happy and spend that money which in turn helps other industries. if the US gets the contracts American's get more money but more particularly the very rich who sit on the board of Halliburton's get a hell of a lot of money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    You're asking us whether we think that a politician who tried to screw the nation into thinking killing 10, 000 people is justified, is a liar?

Hilarious thread.
    wow!........u have a strong view point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    You're asking us whether we think that a politician who tried to screw the nation into thinking killing 10, 000 people is justified, is a liar?

Hilarious thread.
    How did he screw this country? other than lying for the cause of the war. Incidently the casualty figure (i believe youre referring to deaths in iraq) is 12,000 - of whom about 10,000 were enemy soldiers fighting for Saddam killed in the war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Iraq's weaponry is the main thing he apparantly lied about.
    In many other countries this could amount to treason. He should consider himself lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    many reasons why the claims of links to Al Qaeda are blatant nonsense.
    such as?
    which links?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    How did he screw this country? other than lying for the cause of the war. Incidently the casualty figure (i believe youre referring to deaths in iraq) is 12,000 - of whom about 10,000 were enemy soldiers fighting for Saddam killed in the war.
    where did you get those figures from out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you're going to liberate a country a good way to get it back on its feet would be to give as many internal contracts as possible?
    are you aware of payment towards iraqis, and national employment levels?
    if you can find me an effective and non-corrupt, pro-coalition Iraqi construction company capable of handling projects throughout the country, then ill be pleased to agree.

ReputationRep:
    why he was disliked by Bin Laden et al.
    youve got a quote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    if you can find me an effective and non-corrupt, pro-coalition Iraqi construction company capable of handling projects throughout the country, then ill be pleased to agree.
    I meant with "co-alition" support - aftr WWII it was British workers and soldiers who helped workers who then dragged companies like VW back on their feet and thus helped to re-establish Germany as quickly as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    where did you get those figures from out of interest?
    actually according to medact the number of minimum casualties from the period 20th march to 20 october is minimum 21,700 to a maximum of 55,000 with the number of fatalities of US/UK combatants (which are included in these figures) being "only" 394

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    In many other countries this could amount to treason. He should consider himself lucky.
    first he'd have to lie. and then one could consider whether it was an offence of treason.

ReputationRep:
    youve got a quote?
    No, Bin Laden rarely got in the mass media until 2001 and has since seemingly been unwilling to give interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I meant with "co-alition" support - aftr WWII it was British workers and soldiers who helped workers who then dragged companies like VW back on their feet and thus helped to re-establish Germany as quickly as possible.
    so you were suggesting no Iraqis are being employed in the reconstruction of their country?

incidentally, Iraq is being "re-established" at a much faster rate than Germany was.

ReputationRep:
    No, Bin Laden rarely got in the mass media until 2001 and has since seemingly been unwilling to give interviews.
    so im interested as to the basis of your comment, despite intelligence to show his peers met and agreed reciprocal collusion, non-agression and resource sharing.

ReputationRep:
    so you were suggesting no Iraqis are being employed in the reconstruction of their country?
    I didn't say that.

I said an Iraqi company should be set up and helped by the coalition thus helping to rebuild Iraq.

At the moment most of the profits from rebuilding Iraq are going to America.

response to your edit: I would bloody hope so, Germany was rebuilt off the back of the biggest war we have ever seen, Iraq was just a conflict.

ReputationRep:
    why would the country have to be pro coalition? what the so called coalition of the willing should be rewarded for killing people with construction contracts?
    Also a lot of construction companies from the oh so civilised western world are corrupt

ReputationRep:

incidentally, Iraq is being "re-established" at a much faster rate than Germany was.
    much shorter war though

ReputationRep:
    so im interested as to the basis of your comment.
    It was quite well known, Bin Laden is a fundamentalist, Hussein supressed many of the Islamic faith

ReputationRep:
    It was quite well known, Bin Laden is a fundamentalist, Hussein supressed many of the Islamic faith
    they both hate the West and the US. there is evidence and intelligence to assert my suggestion as being primary.

ReputationRep:
    they both hate the West and the US. there is evidence and intelligence to assert my suggestion as being primary.
    What evidence?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.