Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Disarmament is a topic totally unrelated to al Qaeda. As for MPs on company boards, it shouldnt be allowed at all - in fact, MPs should be made to sell ALL positions upon ascending to parliment, and they retrieve them only if theyve been competent in their term.
    Sorry everyone started talking about WWII. Anyway about the whole company board thing i was referring more to the US in the hope that it would loop back round to the construction contracts. The footage from F9/11 of the man saying that all the assembled companies stood to make a lot of money was rather disgusting imo. And though Vienna may disagree i do think that many of the large multi national have an influence on the governments policies (note: not going as far as Micheal Moore here by suggesting that the war was started so that companies could profit from it)

ReputationRep:
    I recall them being often bandied around on here, and also reading them in the papers.
    I recall a figure of 10,000 but I was wondering who had anyalsised why were soliders and which were not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    didnt he agree to resign from Jarvis were he to be elected?
    When did Steven Norris run? In relation to all the rail crashes i mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    I recall a figure of 10,000 but I was wondering who had anyalsised why were soliders and which were not
    21,700 is the minimum amount of total casualties according to medact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    And though Vienna may disagree i do think that many of the large multi national have an influence on the governments policies (note: not going as far as Micheal Moore here by suggesting that the war was started so that companies could profit from it)
    There is definately a military industrial complex in the USA. No doubt it was in the US leaderships minds that the war would benfit some companies however I do not see that as a reason for war, mearly an added benifit for them to consider.

ReputationRep:
    And though Vienna may disagree i do think that many of the large multi national have an influence on the governments policies (note: not going as far as Micheal Moore here by suggesting that the war was started so that companies could profit from it)
    i dont disagree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    There is definately a military industrial complex in the USA. No doubt it was in the US leaderships minds that the war would benfit some companies however I do not see that as a reason for war, mearly an added benifit for them to consider.
    Im actually grateful the US is keeping its military up to standard for reasons discussed earlier in the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    i dont disagree.
    i'm speechless

ReputationRep:
    Im actually grateful the US is keeping its military up to standard for reasons discussed earlier in the thread.
    what coz we arent??

ReputationRep:
    i'm speechless
    hehe, it is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Lad)
    what coz we arent??
    No were are not, as you would be aware if you watched the news recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Lad)
    what coz we arent??
    hoon is proposing a reduction in personel but too have more machines like remote control droids very star wars

ReputationRep:
    hoon is proposing a reduction in personel but too have more machines like remote control droids very star wars
    Earlier plans released also seemed to be based on the premise that our forces would be more technology based rather than man power so as to work more effectively with the US military in any future conflicts which is all well and good, but leaves us far less able to commit ourselves to any solo effort such as we recently undertook in Sierra Leone for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nan Siarich)
    Earlier plans released also seemed to be based on the premise that our forces would be more technology based rather than man power so as to work more effectively with the US military in any future conflicts which is all well and good, but leaves us far less able to commit ourselves to any solo effort such as we recently undertook in Sierra Leone for example.
    and it means that lots of military personel lose their jobs

ReputationRep:
    and it means that lots of military personel lose their jobs
    If that was necessary then so be it however our forces are already understrength so this latest cull is a definite step in the wrong direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airport Fairy)
    Is Tony Blair a liar?

YES

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.