This discussion is closed.
BloodyValentine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
Disarmament is a topic totally unrelated to al Qaeda. As for MPs on company boards, it shouldnt be allowed at all - in fact, MPs should be made to sell ALL positions upon ascending to parliment, and they retrieve them only if theyve been competent in their term.
Sorry everyone started talking about WWII. Anyway about the whole company board thing i was referring more to the US in the hope that it would loop back round to the construction contracts. The footage from F9/11 of the man saying that all the assembled companies stood to make a lot of money was rather disgusting imo. And though Vienna may disagree i do think that many of the large multi national have an influence on the governments policies (note: not going as far as Micheal Moore here by suggesting that the war was started so that companies could profit from it)
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I recall them being often bandied around on here, and also reading them in the papers.
I recall a figure of 10,000 but I was wondering who had anyalsised why were soliders and which were not
BloodyValentine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
didnt he agree to resign from Jarvis were he to be elected?
When did Steven Norris run? In relation to all the rail crashes i mean
BloodyValentine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
I recall a figure of 10,000 but I was wondering who had anyalsised why were soliders and which were not
21,700 is the minimum amount of total casualties according to medact
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BloodyValentine)
And though Vienna may disagree i do think that many of the large multi national have an influence on the governments policies (note: not going as far as Micheal Moore here by suggesting that the war was started so that companies could profit from it)
There is definately a military industrial complex in the USA. No doubt it was in the US leaderships minds that the war would benfit some companies however I do not see that as a reason for war, mearly an added benifit for them to consider.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And though Vienna may disagree i do think that many of the large multi national have an influence on the governments policies (note: not going as far as Micheal Moore here by suggesting that the war was started so that companies could profit from it)
i dont disagree.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
There is definately a military industrial complex in the USA. No doubt it was in the US leaderships minds that the war would benfit some companies however I do not see that as a reason for war, mearly an added benifit for them to consider.
Im actually grateful the US is keeping its military up to standard for reasons discussed earlier in the thread.
BloodyValentine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
i dont disagree.
i'm speechless
Cool Lad
Report 15 years ago
Im actually grateful the US is keeping its military up to standard for reasons discussed earlier in the thread.
what coz we arent??
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'm speechless
hehe, it is possible.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cool Lad)
what coz we arent??
No were are not, as you would be aware if you watched the news recently.
BloodyValentine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cool Lad)
what coz we arent??
hoon is proposing a reduction in personel but too have more machines like remote control droids very star wars
nan Siarich
Report 15 years ago
hoon is proposing a reduction in personel but too have more machines like remote control droids very star wars
Earlier plans released also seemed to be based on the premise that our forces would be more technology based rather than man power so as to work more effectively with the US military in any future conflicts which is all well and good, but leaves us far less able to commit ourselves to any solo effort such as we recently undertook in Sierra Leone for example.
BloodyValentine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nan Siarich)
Earlier plans released also seemed to be based on the premise that our forces would be more technology based rather than man power so as to work more effectively with the US military in any future conflicts which is all well and good, but leaves us far less able to commit ourselves to any solo effort such as we recently undertook in Sierra Leone for example.
and it means that lots of military personel lose their jobs
nan Siarich
Report 15 years ago
and it means that lots of military personel lose their jobs
If that was necessary then so be it however our forces are already understrength so this latest cull is a definite step in the wrong direction.
will_cambs
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Airport Fairy)
Is Tony Blair a liar?

YES
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (90)
13.82%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (53)
8.14%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (84)
12.9%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (78)
11.98%
Other reasons are stopping me going (83)
12.75%
Nothing is stopping me going (263)
40.4%

Watched Threads